Gromit

Southern Winter League F3F 2017 / 18.

Gromit

SOUTHERN WINTER LEAGUE RDS 3+4 RESERVE.(final comp) 

Sund March 11th

Entry is now open to this the final round of the Southern winter league 2017/18 series.

The regional Winter league F3f comps are the perfect introduction to F3f. Newcomers to F3f are encouraged to come along to find out more, & to experience this exciting branch of our sport. 

Newcomers to F3f please note ;- You do not need to have entered any of the previous comps,  you will be made very welcome, & given help, hints, tips & advice on all things F3f.  

As in the previous rounds we have the use of Whitesheet, Butser hill & several Eastbourne slopes, this then caters us for almost all wind directions.

Meet time ;- 9.00am.

Venue ;-  I will announce the confirmed venue at the earliest opportunity following study of the various wind direction forecasts.

The wind is forecast to swing around to a SW -S direction on Tuesday, & remain so over next weekend. This means that Whitesheet is therefore presently the likely venue. 

To enter, Please send the following entry details to myself at swallacegromit@aol.com

BMFA insurance number,

Freq, 2.4 or 35 meg incl channel

Models, up to 3.

Please state the names of the venues that you will travel to ie, Whitesheet, Butser, Eastbourne, All. I need this info so that I know numbers attending each venue.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

Gromit

Entry list;- 

1.   Stuart Wallace        2.4       Pitbull 1, Radical.

2.   Samuel Wallace      2.4      Willow 1.

3.   Mike Shellim            2.4      Needle 115V, Sting, Acacia.

4.   Pete Burgess           2.4      Pitbull 1.

5.   Martin Drewett         2.4     Jedi, Pitbull.

6.   John Treble               2.4     Pitbull 1, Pitbull 2. 

7.   Ian Falconer              2.4      Shinto, Jedi. 

8.   Nigel Witchalls          2.4      Pitbull, Ceres.

9.   Tony Livingstone      2.4      Jedi Lift.

10. Tom Dews                  2.4    

11.  Tony Robertson        2.4     Freestyler 4, Ascot, Allijai H

Stu, Whitesheet RFC Comp Sec. 

Gromit

I thought that a venue advisory for Sunday would be appreciated. 

The various forecast haven't been looking promising rain wise for the comp on Sunday. As we all know though this can quickly change so I remain optimistic about the weather.

Over the past few days the various forecasts have been predicting a SE ESE wind direction, should this remain we sadly do NOT have a suitable venue to stage the competition.

The BBC are however presently forecasting a W WSW for Monday, with luck this will hopefully move forward to Sunday. 

Hopefully the forecasts will allow me to post a weather & venue call tomorrow evening. (at around 8.00pm). 

Stu. 

Gromit

The wind direction for sunday presently remains a SE so not looking at all good for us.

However, both the BBC & Mett office presently agree on there being a NW for Monday, with light rain showers in the morning, dry from midday. Hopefully this weather system will arrive a day earlier, the comp would then be staged at Whitesheet. 

Optimistic Stu :rolleyes:

Gromit

After careful study throughout the week of the BBC, Mett office & XC weather forecasts, & this evening consulting with JP, I am calling Sundays comp OFF.

Sadly all 3 forecasts continue to forecast an East - SE breeze with rain throughout much of the day.

This then concludes the Southern Winter lg of 2017/18

I wish to give a huge thank you to everyone who has supported these competitions, :thumbsup:.

Stu.

• Sad 2

Redbird

Thanks for all your effort Stu, pity about the weather but there we are.

Regards, Bruce

• Like 1

oipigface
17 hours ago, Redbird said:

Thanks for all your effort Stu, pity about the weather but there we are.

Regards, Bruce

I'll second that!

• Like 1