Sign in to follow this  
Pete low launch

Hello from Wiltshire

Pete low launch

Hi all, I've joined up with the hope of getting in to f3k and doing some comps.

Ive been fun flying on the slope for 6 years now getting into vtpr with my own take on a le-fish but fancy a new challenge.

Got myself a libellé last week just to see what it's like and I'm already getting into the thermals with around 2 min flights being my best, I kinda regret not spending another £100 and getting a composite dlg!

Anyway, that's me, I hope to meet some of you f3k flyers to show me how it's done!

pete beadle

Hi Pete

Welcome to the forum

Love the forum name:thumbsup::D

If you're mainly slope soaring, don't buy a more expensive plane - fly on BIGGER hills:P

and, the price of what you fly is no guarantee of longer flights.....but a little leccy motor might be!.............

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Pete low launch

Big hills are fun, however I found 12ft banks with my 14oz le fish was a magic combo with 10mph!

I like to be able to fly in as little wind as possible to make it more challenging to nail the tricks and I think that's why I think DLG's have grown on me because you have to put maximum effort in to fly them for any duration. Hunting for and hopping across thermals is such a cool experience!

I would like to get into the open style competitions where u have a week or month to complete your challenges and post them online. It makes competing accessible for everyone without the time and expense of all the travel all the while gaining good experience for competing in an organised event.