NOT Lundy 2018

Andy_B

So.......as Lundy is not happening in 2018 how many people have an itch to scratch for a weeks flying holiday .

I have flown in Ireland (county Kerry) for a number of years now and it is a fabulous place to go , you can still have your ferry fix if you want with numerous routes  or you can fly into several local or fairly local airports .

I have a fairly amiable local guide (Crasher Chris )  he doesnt bite really . We are thinking the 2nd or 3rd week in June . I will be going on my annual pilgrimage anyway  but if there is enough interest then maybe we can sort something out as a group .

Andy. 

• Like 1

The lovely missus has given me a provisional free pass. 

As long as I can get a few things sorted out before then and get the planets to align then I will try come. Will even pitch the tent if I have too. :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We could be up for this too.

We can't all doss down at Crasher Chris's ....... so we have found it good to rent a cottage for a week - make it a really worthwhile trip 'cos the ferry is significant cost.

...... anyway, Chris would not be happy to have Slopedawg checking up on his sarnies!!  :D

Enough takers makes it a house rather than cottage.    Or there may be airbnb possibilities for those who prefer a shorter break.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all - May I have some input please on which dates next year would suit those who are thinking of coming?  I'm pretty open - June, July whenever..

June would be better for myself Chris.

July,August start to eat into the kids summer holidays and my wife being a teacher means that's the only time she can have of.

I'm expecting to be out of action for quite some time next summer, but when I don't know. I suppose for me, the earlier the more likely I will be able to make it.

• 2 weeks later...

WHHOOOPPSS! Apologies, I forgot about a mate's arrangements, there is unfortunately a clash that weekend, so we have to look at 9th / 10th June 2018.. Is that OK?

OK, so that's a date then: 9th / 10th May 2018.  Some may be coming for a longer period including some of the week before that weekend.