Jump to content
jwest532

Wales F3F Winter League Dates 2017/18

Recommended Posts

Stefan Bertschi

It's not just a rumour. The nutter will be there (already Friday if weather permitting).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

I'll be there Saturday lunchtime if the weather forecast stays good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

I will be there. 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alibabaj

Me too Joel

hope to maiden my PB2 also

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface
5 hours ago, oipigface said:

I'll be there Saturday lunchtime if the weather forecast stays good.

A few minutes after I posted this, the weather forecast went off! One of these days I'll learn not to tempt fate.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rumbey

Sorry Joel, Can't do this as my Duaghter is home for her Birthday weekend! 

Fingers crossed you get a comp in. Hopefully see you at the next one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith_W

Hope to be there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Witch_1

I can do Sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532

Hi guys

I’m afraid that the weather forecast isn’t looking good for Sunday but if it’s ok with you I’ll leave the call until tomorrow morning. 

As an aside, myself and Stefan are in BE so will be heading to the slope tomorrow if anyone want to join us.

joel 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532

Hi guys

I’m sorry to do this again but all current forecasts show low cloud and rain for most of the day so I’m afraid I’m doing it again and calling it OFF 🤬

Joel 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532

If anyone is coming flying today, it looks like we might be on the westerly so if you let me know what time you might arrive I’ll come back down and open the gate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromit

So unlucky yet again Joel :frantics:

I hope yourself & Stefan have a very enjoyable day today :thumbsup:.

 

    Stu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532

Want one 😜

3EC015EA-386D-4501-95F3-410E17FFFB10.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

Got one!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

I don't know what the weather's like at the Bwlch today,  but if the weather here on the south coast is anything to go by your call was spot on, Joel. I can't see the cloud base for the sea fret, but it's certainly been raining most of the morning. Perhaps we should consider switching to Saturday, we would have got a few rounds in yesterday!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532
14 minutes ago, jwest532 said:

F1A0CB3C-A9DF-408F-BA3C-12438DD488C7.jpeg

The rain that was forecast didn't materialise but the fog most certainly did :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

No rain earlier on the Mynd - but thick fog made flying impossible

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532

We gave up on Wales and headed east looking for better weather and a SSE slope. Finally arrived at Colley hill and had a lovely time thermal soaring in very light conditions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532

Hi guys

I've been anguishing over my total failure to run a Wales winter league this season as I desperately don't want to see this event disappear from the calendar due to a lack of good weather.  With this in mind, my attention has turned to the possibility of running a reserve date.  Looking at the weather forecast for this weekend it would suggest that we have every chance of getting a comp in on Sunday with good weather forecast and a wind smack on the Crest (if the forecast is right, it would be epic conditions). However, I have two possible problems with this:

1) Not having advertised this weekend as a reserve may mean that we simply don't have enough people interested in attending. I would need a minimum of 8 to make it worthwhile.

2) This date clashes with the Southern winter league and it is not my intention to steal entries from this event.

 

With this in mind, could I ask all those interested in attending to email me at jwest532@aol.com.  If I get enough responses I will then check with Stuart if this affects his ability to run his comp (clearly if it does I will not proceed).

Normal weather call would apply on Friday night.

Regards

Joel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.