Darren_O

FRSky Horus no V8 mode

Darren_O

Just so nobody else makes the mistake... when you use the EU LBT software on the Horus you lose V8 mode. So the Rx I just bought don't bind. Great start to the day. Cheers EU.

satinet
1 hour ago, Darren_O said:

Just so nobody else makes the mistake... when you use the EU LBT software on the Horus you lose V8 mode. So the Rx I just bought don't bind. Great start to the day. Cheers EU.

The same applies to the Taranis. 

I agree that the regulations are a bit unnecessary, but it's frsky's fault they chose not to design the system for the regulations that were in the pipelines. They could have mitigated it by switching over to a compliant system a long time before they did. 

Darren_O

Very frustrating and now fitting out all my small models with an RX will be £14 a go more expensive. Brexit suddenly looks more attractive :)

rc-soar

If there's no D8 option appearing on the tx  it just means that it's been hidden (in order to be within the rules). Unhide by reflashing OpenTx 2.2 with 'EU' option unchecked. Then attempt to bind your rx in D8 mode. From a Google search, there's a good chance that this will do the trick as D8 mode is apparently still bundled in with at least some versions of the D16/EU-LBT RF firmware for the Horus.

GadgetMart

Very easy to flash a Horus if you have FrOS installed.

(Much more complicated with OpenTX).

I personally feel the Horus was designed for FrOS, the Taranis for OpenTX.