Sign in to follow this  
Tony Beckett

15th F3K 14 Day Duration Challenge

Tony Beckett

A nice easy one to start off the 15th Challenge.

It was light winds but I wasn't able to get out until 3pm and by this time there was  complete thick cirrus cloud cover, it was cold as well.
So that is my excuse for just 2:13.....

Tony Beckett
Nxt
2:13 on 27th November

aaresults.jpg

This is a for fun challenge, anyone with a hand-launch glider that conforms to the F3K (up to 1.5m) or Mosquito (less than 1m) class can post a time.
Object: Fly your F3K or Mosquito class hand launch glider for as long as possible from a flat field, the person who's time is unbeaten for 14 days 'wins' and a new challenge starts.

Rules: Fly safely. No slope soaring.

Post your times as follows:-.
Pilot Name, F3K or Mosquito class, model name, length of flight minutes and seconds, plus date of flight. (Please do the posting within 48 hours of the flight)

Previous challenges since 2012 can be seen at www.f3k.uk

Simon Jones

I went out this morning for an hour with a view to trying the winter challenge.  My first flight was a 3 min but the next was 2.20 and the air was only good enough to slow the descent rather than climb, so I ditched the idea.  A few more launches and I hooked up with some gentle lift which got me above launch height.  I worked that a long way downwind to a height of 300-400ft and came back to look for something else after 5-6 mins.  I managed to work another three bits of lift and finally ran out of luck at 18.57.  The air was improving as I left so there could be another decent time out there today!

Simon Jones, F3K, 18mins 57 secs, 15.11.17

Tony Beckett

An excellent November time from Simon.
aaresults.jpg
I was out as well, enjoying the light drift. However it was "sodden and unkind" up here in the Midlands.
Complete low level cloud cover and mist, which at times turned into very light drizzle. Didn't manage 2 minutes.

Tony Beckett

Simon wins the 15th Challenge and is now in the lead for the year with 4 wins.

aaresults.jpg

cirrusRC

I'll start off December.    Got out yesterday for a few hours.   No sun and very cold, but light winds.   Struggled with the Winter Postal but did manage to get away off a decent launch.   Once over 200 metres the lift was quite good.   Got close to the cloud base but then felt a few spots of rain and the lift evaporated.    Came down for a 16.36.   Surprising considering the conditions.    Need to get some hand warmers to hold whilst flying.

David P,  F3K,  16 mins 36 secs.  02-Dec-17

Simon Jones

Nice one Dave - a decent time to set the bar!  I almost went out today as the wind had dropped but other things got in the way.  There might be a window of weather Monday / Tuesday but after that it get cold and windy again.

Simon

cirrusRC

I got out today Simon.  Much warmer but barely managed 5 mins!  Good luck on Tuesday.