EssexBOF

Swansong ?

EssexBOF

Some pictures of the finished project. Weighs in at 1620 grams ready to fly. Ground very wet so took pitures on the driveway.

DSCN0474-001.JPG

DSCN0473-001.JPG

DSCN0475-001.JPG

DSCN0472-001.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

martynk

That looks absolutely great.. :)

Looking forward to hearing about its flight performance

EssexBOF

Flew the model for the first time today. Spent a lot of time sorting out throws on the ailerons, as they need to be reduced as they were quite effective. Tail pane incidence needs to be a bit more negative in the setting, this was going to need altering as it is not easy to set these  at the right setting even though I take a fair bt of care in their positioning. Simple matter to file the hole on the alignment pins, in the direction needed, then some cyno on the opposite side file to fit pin again.

Not happy with the servos on the ailerons so will change them, to some others.

First use of the Horus X12. Seems OK with no RF warnings at all using both the internal & external aerials

Left at 5 pm  after a very enjoyable afternoon, with only one person showing up while I was their.

• Like 1

EssexBOF

Picture at Chelmsford site as the sun was going down. Had another flight checking out the crow braking, when a bird appeared circling high which was to good to miss even though it was getting near rush hour to get through Chelmsford traffic. Terminated flight reluctantly for that reason .Shame.

5aae3b2c1536a_SwansongTest.thumb.png.fd3f8b0fe82bc0791808481adf282768.png

DSCN0483.JPG

• Like 3

EssexBOF

A cold miserable day in the U K, Not the greatest day to go flying a glider, but surprised with this flight with the Swansong, temperature was 10degrees and cloud base quite low about 250-300 metres, bit of dizzle just to make it even worse. Still trimming it out but have gone back to my old Taranis Tx, as it feels right. Came home and thawed out. This flight made it worthwhile.

20 minute flight 11th AprilSwansong 10 degrees temp.jpg

EssexBOF

This was an exciting flight:no: yesterday when the motor did not cut, as I had not gone to full power to trigger the switch, so motor did not quit either at height setting or motor run.

The wing fluttered and I thought they might break up or come apart, even go anhedral. Quite a high annul pukker factor running at the time, came down under full crow to see and get my composure back.

Do  not want to many of them.

D5ad9bfb003b5a_FrighteningFlight20thApril.thumb.jpg.dda903b3580fd4183d516a6524ea4b32.jpg

• Like 1

oipigface

Trying to live up to its name, by the sound of it!

EssexBOF

Some flying shots of the Swansong taken by John Hovell a couple of weeks ago. Flew it on Sunday at Tonbridge where it performed quite well untill the wind and turbulence got up in the afternoom, where lack of ballast showed up. But then it did for others looking at the results. Think it was the only built up model there.

IMGP1088.JPG

IMGP1128.JPG

IMGP1092.JPG

IMGP1131.JPG

IMGP1136.JPG

• Like 3

EssexBOF

Interesting flight yesterday, swapped the 1300 LiPo for an 850. Did not think much of flight til found this strea near a hedge.

Swansong Flight 4 July 2018 850 Lipo.jpg