FAI ID codes

isoaritfirst

isoaritfirst

Anyone know how to get the FAI id (identification Number) that is now required to enter international comps.

I have looked on the FAI site and spoken to BMFA.

Also emailed FAI but had no response.

At a loss - is the system actually working?

:no:

Yes seams that way

euro league organisers ask for this ID code? Not sure why it is now needed

never had to supply this the past, but I did know about them. You could find it on FAI web page at one time, but now not so easy.

JP

isoaritfirst

I’m trying to enter the Pyrenees cup but entry needs the fai Id code. 

As each countries national flying body. BMFA for us issues national licences and just prefixes them with GBR etc it becomes confusing  to organisers when all these numbers don’t easy relate to each other when looking at various nations 

so a data base exists to give r wryone a fai number but you need to login to get it and have a secret handshake. (Login code) and nobody seems to want to give me mine. 

Rigjt pain

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

I think BMFA automatically register your BMFA number with the FAI.

Try this link which wants you to put in your email address as registered with the BMFA.

http://old.fai.org/about-fai/fai-sporting-licences

You get an instant email back with your licence number, if you have one. 

At least it worked ok for me so hope it help.

I was about to post the same link - worked for me too.....

The email gave my ID number and clicking on the link provided in the email sent me to the attached page...

Here's the email:-

’You have the following valid licences registered in the FAI database: 
Licence id xxxxx'

The link takes you here.....

image.png

It used to be easy from this page, I did it some time last year to register for a comp abroad.

http://old.fai.org/about-fai/fai-sporting-licences

However, it now appears to be in a bit of a mess, I think partly due to fairly recent privacy rules on protection of data (GDPR) and partly because they are between web-sites, they have a new web-site on which this page isn't functional yet.

As Peter has said above, they will e-mail you back with your Licence number but this is not your ID - see below.

You need to log on to their database but there appears to be no means to register as yet. 

Hopefully the BMFA will chase it up quickly and be able to give you your ID.

5a4ea2da1917f_FAILicense.thumb.jpg.512d3a847f4525b4829fddeca1658556.jpg

PS: I'm very tempted by the Pyrennees too...

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

The BMFA seemed totally confused by the system yesterday and haven’t called me back as they promised. 

Like you said Pete you need an access code  so I emailed the fai also had no response  

Aha! As we have established, if you put in your e-mail address on the above page it sends you your licence No. this is useful in due course.

I tried to log in on the link page and said forgot password (as I don't have one and havn't registered yet). I just got an e-mail 10 minutes later with a link to set a password.

Once you have done this, if you click the license number in the first e-mail, it will take you straight to your license just like the one above (as you remain logged in).

Hope it works for you.

My email just now gave what was called a Licence id and, as Peter G said, it was what was called my FAI Licence No. last year, not my FAI ID. as given last year!

The access code is for contest organisers or team managers to check for several competitors validities.  Individuals can use the link above and give the email address they are registered under, to check their own details - that used to get you the page Peter G is showing above.

12 minutes ago, Peter G said:

.... I tried to log in on the link page and said forgot password (as I don't have one and havn't registered yet). I just got an e-mail 10 minutes later with a link to set a password. ......

What did you use for a username?  I tried my email and then went to "'forgot password' but it said my email address was 'invalid'?

isoaritfirst

Thanks guys. It’s worked after several attempts. 

The link didn’t link but then it did. 

What a crap system. 

Last year, competition organisers could get a special code from the FAI to find out the ID, and verify the licence. I have the ID's from the entries into the Welsh Open last year. PM me if you want to know.

isoaritfirst

Thanks Mark. I have it sorted now. Out of interest try your code see if it still works. 

Part of the problems are because the system and web site is going through an update. 

Everything I had read said that competitors would be given the code to check their number. But now they send an individual link to just your details. 

Better idea once it settles down. 

isoaritfirst

The other problem that Pete sorted out was the licence link sends you to a page that is of no use and doesn't have any further links to the licence pages. It isn't intuitive that you need to go back and click the licence link in the email again.

isoaritfirst

Pyrenees Cup booked, villa just out of Limoux booked for the preceding week .

Bit of cycling, bit of flying, lots of beer.

Can't wait ,

:)

7 hours ago, isoaritfirst said:

Pyrenees Cup booked, villa just out of Limoux booked for the preceding week .

:)

Well, it seems that you need much more time the a week...

20180106_013112.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2