isoaritfirst

FAI ID codes

Les
9 hours ago, LS8-18 said:

Well, it seems that you need much more time the a week...

20180106_013112.jpg

That's going to be a very long comp.

Five months long😲

Witch_1
On 04/01/2018 at 21:58, Peter G said:

It used to be easy from this page, I did it some time last year to register for a comp abroad.

http://old.fai.org/about-fai/fai-sporting-licences

However, it now appears to be in a bit of a mess

By way of update, this now works fine.  Just enter the contact email address that you registered the licence with, and you get an email back with a link to your licence.

• Like 4

Tone-the-glider
On 04/01/2018 at 22:02, isoaritfirst said:

The BMFA seemed totally confused by the system yesterday and haven’t called me back as they promised. 

Like you said Pete you need an access code  so I emailed the fai also had no response  

Seems like it is the same as you BMFA number but with GBR as a prefix.

oipigface
2 hours ago, Tone-the-glider said:

Seems like it is the same as you BMFA number but with GBR as a prefix.

No, I don't think it is the same,Tony. My BMFA number is 082099, but my FAI ID is 29379.

mtreble

Like you said Pete you need an access code  so I emailed the fai also had no response

The access code is only for event organisers who want to check multiple licences.

There are essentially three numbers to identify you as a pilot: Your BMFA Number, your NAC Number ( which is 'GBR' + BMFA Number ), and a (usually 5 digit) number which is unique to the FAI database.

I have sent you a PM with your codes.

Brett82

Hi guys

I'm sending off the paperwork tomorrow for my FAI licence (had issues getting certified copies...:angry:). Just wondering, when I get it, which of the above three mentioned numbers do I need to get printed and stuck to my flap? I know it needs to be displayed for Euro comps so I am getting them done properly from a a place online but I don't want to print the wrong number and risk having someone "molest" my beautiful Fosa with a permanent marker. ;)

Brett

isoaritfirst

My understand is the numbers are designed to make one spreadsheet work for a mix of nationalities. 

Any sort etc would have been difficult when everyone used different formated number systems. 

On your wing relating back to BMFA surely is fine. Although I don’t know this for certain 

simon_t

I’ve posted this before, but I’ll post it again as the FAI guidance is very clear.  The FAI sporting code for aeromodelling, which is applicable to class F3F is here:  https://www.fai.org/sites/default/files/documents/sc4_vol_ciam_general_rules_18v1.1.pdf

The specifics being discussed above are at bottom of page 31/top of page 32:

C.11 IDENTIFICATION MARKS C.11.1 Class F - Model Aircraft
a) Model aircraft, except for Indoor Free Flight and Scale, shall carry:
cont/...
               SC4_CIAM General_Rules_18 Effective 1st January 2018 Page 31:

C.11.2
C.12
i) The national identification mark followed by the National FAI licence number or the FAI Unique ID number. The letters and numbers must be at least 25 mm high and appear at least once on each model (on the upper surface of a wing for Free Flight models).
Note: The list of the national identification marks (3 letters per country) is downloadable from “Documents” section of the CIAM website http://www.fai.org/ciam-documents.

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2