Wrecker this weekend

abbof3f

I missed the chance earlier in the month, so planning to head over there Sunday if the forecast holds.  Its stayed pretty steady all week.

Yes, it was great.  Ice still on the grass when we arrived, and car thermometer said 1.C when I left, but it was sunny all day.  Nice to get some trimming done and ballast experiments in really good conditions.

Stefan Bertschi
1 hour ago, Witch_1 said:

Yes, it was great.  Ice still on the grass when we arrived, and car thermometer said 1.C when I left, but it was sunny all day.  Nice to get some trimming done and ballast experiments in really good conditions.

What kind of balllast experiments can you do in 20 m/sec? It's mostly all in or all in :-)

TBH it wasn't 20 m/s all day ......but it started at about 14

I did have one flight start with 1kg and sinking down below the lip.....either the direction shifted  or huge sink....

Nigel did improve a lot over the day ...pitbull looks much more settled now .

Your old Jazz was loving reversals   as did Mikes.

Andy

17 minutes ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

What kind of balllast experiments can you do in 20 m/sec? It's mostly all in or all in :-)

Experiment in flying light - 900g/3.1kg !   Mostly in 15 m/s.  But at times the wind was really strong with no lift and the model slowed up.

Great day, nice interesting conditions. Shinto, Jazz and DSNeedle. 

Jazz had a spell of scary fast. Typical ballast all day was around 1.1kg.