Jump to content
tonym

Pre-Season F5J/ELG Sunday 25th March at Little Bentley Park

Recommended Posts

tonym

In case others haven't seen Pete M's post below there will be a pre-season event at Little Bentley to prepare ourselves for the 2018 league onslaught :-)

If enough pilots register we'll run slots and rounds otherwise we'll do the IRCMC all-up-last-down timed flight, landing target is near yourself, and no timer/helper.

Register your interest and watch this space for a go, no-go on Saturday 24th March.
If Sunday 25th March isn't good for flying will we roll forward to Sunday 1st April (go, no-go 31st March).
If 1st April isn't good we'll roll forward to Easter Monday 2nd April (go, no-go on 1st April).
If the 2nd is no good either we'll roll on to 8th April (go, no-go on 7th).

The following Sunday (15th April) is the first F5J comp., a new thread will be started for that.

Tony

  1. Tony Merritt - 2m
  2. Garry Matthews - Open
  3. Cliff Stone - Open
  4. Ray Gadenne - Open
  5. Paul Wainwright - 2m/Open
  6. Pete Mitchell - Open
  7. Randy Taylor - Open
  8. Richard Clouting - 2m
  9. David Jowers - 2m
  10. Simon Conran - 2m/Open
  11. John Hovell - Open
  12. Peter Ley - Open
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eamon

Please sign me up.

1. Eamon Keating
2. Open
3. 2.4GhZ
4. BMFA 192268

regards

Eamon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EssexBOF

March date looks OK for me, but 1st April clashes with 100 anniversary of the RAF at Stow Maries:no:

Barcs 230

BMFA 057851

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gem

Hi Tony,

please put me on the list. Open 2.4.

thanks

             Garry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJS

Yes Tony 'we' are up for it.

Open.

Don't quite understand the dates, 31st for the 1st, but what the hell, I have been out of it for a year, I want to be back in to competion 'sticks stroking'?

Cliff

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick Jackson

Very welcome initiative Tony, thanks. But I think some clarification on dates would be helpful - I nearly misread your post as  a comp taking place 24 March and then two more comps in early April! (Dumb of me but others might make the same mistake.)

Will come if I can but not certain.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rayg

Hi Tony

All dates look fine for me, I'm in.

Ray

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeteMitchell
10 hours ago, Nick Jackson said:

But I think some clarification on dates would be helpful

Full explanation copied here Nick and Cliff,

Thanks to Tony Merritt and the guys at Ipswich , we now have the prospect of a comp day earlier than those already posted.

We are now hoping to run an event at Lt.Bentley on the 25th.March, weather should be good as British Summer Time starts this day

If the weather is not suitable that day we have the option of using the following weekend, or the one after that.

It wont be a league comp, it may be F5J  or ELG or something else. Whatever it will be a chance to get some early practice, and test new equipment.

I will post more info nearer the date.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wood Gnome

Hi Tony better put me in there for either 2m or Open depending what needs testing most however the following weekend is Easter and my wife's Birthday weekend so cant do that one and its the 1st April I don't want any jokers turning my prop blades round or worse :lol:

Cheers Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonym

Sorry for the brevity in the top post, I've edited it to hopefully make the dates clearer.

I've added Easter Monday as a possible day, then I wonder if we shouldn't consider the Saturdays too? As this is just a practice/shakedown event it can be run any day. We'd feel dumb if a Saturday was glorious and Sunday was a wash out! I'd be happy to run two events if say a day on the first weekend was flyable and another was over Easter (add Friday?) or the following weekend. We can see nearer the time what happens weather wise.

There would have to be an entry fee as there is a charge for using the field, £5 per pilot looks like it should cover it.

Tony

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randolph T

Tony 

please put me down for open.

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richardc

Please sign me up for 2m

2.4GHz

BMFA 77318

BARCS 3860

Richard Clouting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David Jowers

Please put me in for 2m, 2.4GHz.

Thanks

David Jowers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick Jackson

Sorry - turns out I can't make this one. (Didn't actually sign up!) Hope everyone has a great day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonym
2 hours ago, Nick Jackson said:

Sorry - turns out I can't make this one. (Didn't actually sign up!) Hope everyone has a great day. 

No worries Nick - depending on the weather the event might be on the following weekend. Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr_SMO

Please include myself.

BMFA S 195226

2.4

As my 2m is a bit sensitive to the wind, can I wait till nearer the time to say 2m or open?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John H

Count me in please Tony

open

 

john h

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wixy

Sorry can’t make this one . Hope the weather improves for those that can.G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wood Gnome

Forecast is looking nice looking forward to seeing everybody out of hibernation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonym

I'm going to check the field again tomorrow, its been very wet obviously :rolleyes:

We will most likely be on the mown 'Stick & Ball' polo field, the rough grass area is waterlogged and we'll only churn the grass up getting round to it and upset Fred, which we must not do!

Hopefully it's getting drier by the day, despite the weather looking good I'll still be giving a 'go - no go' on Saturday depending on access on to the field - if Fred says no we have no choice but to roll forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.