Jump to content

Pre-Season F5J/ELG Sunday 25th March at Little Bentley Park


tonym
 Share

Recommended Posts

In case others haven't seen Pete M's post below there will be a pre-season event at Little Bentley to prepare ourselves for the 2018 league onslaught :-)

If enough pilots register we'll run slots and rounds otherwise we'll do the IRCMC all-up-last-down timed flight, landing target is near yourself, and no timer/helper.

Register your interest and watch this space for a go, no-go on Saturday 24th March.
If Sunday 25th March isn't good for flying will we roll forward to Sunday 1st April (go, no-go 31st March).
If 1st April isn't good we'll roll forward to Easter Monday 2nd April (go, no-go on 1st April).
If the 2nd is no good either we'll roll on to 8th April (go, no-go on 7th).

The following Sunday (15th April) is the first F5J comp., a new thread will be started for that.

Tony

  1. Tony Merritt - 2m
  2. Garry Matthews - Open
  3. Cliff Stone - Open
  4. Ray Gadenne - Open
  5. Paul Wainwright - 2m/Open
  6. Pete Mitchell - Open
  7. Randy Taylor - Open
  8. Richard Clouting - 2m
  9. David Jowers - 2m
  10. Simon Conran - 2m/Open
  11. John Hovell - Open
  12. Peter Ley - Open
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes Tony 'we' are up for it.

Open.

Don't quite understand the dates, 31st for the 1st, but what the hell, I have been out of it for a year, I want to be back in to competion 'sticks stroking'?

Cliff

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nick Jackson

Very welcome initiative Tony, thanks. But I think some clarification on dates would be helpful - I nearly misread your post as  a comp taking place 24 March and then two more comps in early April! (Dumb of me but others might make the same mistake.)

Will come if I can but not certain.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Committee Member
PeteMitchell
10 hours ago, Nick Jackson said:

But I think some clarification on dates would be helpful

Full explanation copied here Nick and Cliff,

Thanks to Tony Merritt and the guys at Ipswich , we now have the prospect of a comp day earlier than those already posted.

We are now hoping to run an event at Lt.Bentley on the 25th.March, weather should be good as British Summer Time starts this day

If the weather is not suitable that day we have the option of using the following weekend, or the one after that.

It wont be a league comp, it may be F5J  or ELG or something else. Whatever it will be a chance to get some early practice, and test new equipment.

I will post more info nearer the date.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Tony better put me in there for either 2m or Open depending what needs testing most however the following weekend is Easter and my wife's Birthday weekend so cant do that one and its the 1st April I don't want any jokers turning my prop blades round or worse :lol:

Cheers Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry for the brevity in the top post, I've edited it to hopefully make the dates clearer.

I've added Easter Monday as a possible day, then I wonder if we shouldn't consider the Saturdays too? As this is just a practice/shakedown event it can be run any day. We'd feel dumb if a Saturday was glorious and Sunday was a wash out! I'd be happy to run two events if say a day on the first weekend was flyable and another was over Easter (add Friday?) or the following weekend. We can see nearer the time what happens weather wise.

There would have to be an entry fee as there is a charge for using the field, £5 per pilot looks like it should cover it.

Tony

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Nick Jackson

Sorry - turns out I can't make this one. (Didn't actually sign up!) Hope everyone has a great day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nick Jackson said:

Sorry - turns out I can't make this one. (Didn't actually sign up!) Hope everyone has a great day. 

No worries Nick - depending on the weather the event might be on the following weekend. Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please include myself.

BMFA S 195226

2.4

As my 2m is a bit sensitive to the wind, can I wait till nearer the time to say 2m or open?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to check the field again tomorrow, its been very wet obviously :rolleyes:

We will most likely be on the mown 'Stick & Ball' polo field, the rough grass area is waterlogged and we'll only churn the grass up getting round to it and upset Fred, which we must not do!

Hopefully it's getting drier by the day, despite the weather looking good I'll still be giving a 'go - no go' on Saturday depending on access on to the field - if Fred says no we have no choice but to roll forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.