Pre-Season F5J/ELG Sunday 25th March at Little Bentley Park

tonym

• Committee Member
Nick Jackson
2 hours ago, Kikapu said:

Good luck with your new Shadow next Saturday , Ian.  Hope it doesn't rain.

I've already  put in an order for dry for 31st. Hope it works out for Little Bentley this weekend too.

• Like 1

Chilly day but nice light winds ands some weak thermals.  Lovely field to fly at and good company.  We are flying 4 rounds total, which will be plenty.  Pete Mitchell maidened his Vladimir Plus at lunchtime.  Interesting model!

Simon

3A52DCDD-AE70-4589-89A0-A32B2C03ED71.jpeg

7CE59BBF-D40B-4721-88B5-B61AA00DA178.jpeg

2 hours ago, simon_t said:

Chilly day but nice light winds ands some weak thermals.  Lovely field to fly at and good company.  We are flying 4 rounds total, which will be plenty.  Pete Mitchell maddened his Vladimir Plus at lunchtime.  Interesting model!

Simon

2 hours ago, simon_t said:

Chilly day but nice light winds ands some weak thermals.  Lovely field to fly at and good company.  We are flying 4 rounds total, which will be plenty.  Pete Mitchell maddened his Vladimir Plus at lunchtime.  Interesting model!

Simon

I would also like to thank those that organised the event. Seemed to go very smoothly. Well worth the short trip down from Norfolk.

Hopefully my Radian didn’t lower the tone!

On that point if anyone’s aware of a good second or third hand moulded F5J for sale please let me know.

I will also be more than happy to lend a hand in setting up / dismantling the equipment at the next event I come along to.

Richard.

• Like 2

Big thanks to the Essex/Suffolk folks for making this event happen.  All the talk of alternative dates proved unnecessary as today was pretty good for March, with very light winds and weak thermals every slot.  There were a few concerned faces when 6 rounds were announced, starting at 11:30, but in the end we flew 4 rounds and were all alone by 4pm.  I flew my lightweight Optimus throughout, and I still find it such an easy model to fly well, and of course it really floats.

It was my first visit to Little Bentley, but I look forward to returning as it is a great field and the locals (and less locals) are very friendly.  Thanks also to Peter L and Ray G for timing for me.  

My only regret from the day - not flying enough slots against Randy as he loves a good fight in a shared weak thermal :)

Simon

I enjoed the event, the first I have looked foward to for 18 months, yes one has atteneded  lots during that period but just going through the motions.  My day was buged with radio problems so actualy 'flying the line' was out.  As has been mentioned, the atmosphere was excelent, the company good and friendly.

I had issues all day, both personal and material, the material can be sorted, working on them as I type, got the  spare TX out and put on charge, leafing through the internet for clues and what is avaliable as a drastic option 'all change'?:frantics:

Personal problems are a little more dificult, I cant put the clock back.  If my mobility does not improve along with my eye sight I'm going to become a spectator?

Thanks to all who aranged the day, it was a pleasure.

Trying to think positive, looking forward to the summer . . . :thumbsup:

Cliff

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

As already said, what a good day.  Good flying and good company.

Testing new timing gear turned into an impromptu laid back BARCS ELG comp. all thanks to the wonders of Gliderscore.

Results here:

2018-03-25 21_48_44-Print preview.png

• Like 4