tonym

Pre-Season F5J/ELG Sunday 25th March at Little Bentley Park

Eamon

All tucked up with the flu at the moment.  Hopefully the site and I will recover for the weekend and we can get the year started :-)

tonym

@Buster46 - Keep taking the medicine Eamon but don't stretch yourself if you're not up to a long drive, standing around in a field and driving home again.
------------------

Fred says if we're really careful going through the entrance on to the right-hand grass area he's OK for us to fly on the Stick & Ball field. Forecast for Saturday is for showers and  2mm of rain - maybe we won't get it - but hopefully the full on sunshine and good breeze today, and yesterday, have done some drying.

• Like 1

Eamon

Apologies Tony, but still on the mend and the 6 hour round trip will probably be a little too much this weekend.  Really disappointed, but will see you all soon enough.

Hope it is a good day and the flying is spot on..

Regards

Eamon

Mr_SMO

Weather looking good for 2 meter.

2 questions:

If I prang the 2m, is it ok to fly open, even if it means scoring nil points?

What comp is it? I'm assuming F5J.

Thanks

EssexBOF

Going to bow out of this one Tony, as on holiday, day after, so need to get ready plus a long drive on Monday. Weather looks good as well sal avi

tonym

@Buster46 - very sensible Eamon, see you when you're back to full form.

@Mr_SMO - there's no competition as such, there'll be plenty of time for trimming and just getting back in the flying groove. Pete M wants to test his new timing system so we'll run a few structured slots for that and for us to get the taste of competition again. Prizes: copious amounts of fresh air and banter for everybody - I hope Randy will be supplying a lot of the banter :-)

@EssexBOF - no worries Brian, no need to push the energy boundaries, I'm sure you're well practised anyway.

I'll be looking at the field tomorrow to ensure we can get on and off without dramas , I'll post here sometime in the afternoon that the event is on - almost certain I would think.

Mr_SMO

Sounds good to me. Maybe a bit cold, but still hope Randy can bring the backgammon board.

Kikapu

Assuming it's on.  Me too please.

Peter L

• Like 1

PeteMitchell

Looking forward to it Tony, I hope the ground is OK to drive on as I don't want to call out the AA again:rolleyes:

To test out my timing settup, I would like to run it from another laptop apart from my own one.

If any one else has Gliderscore on their laptop, please bring it along for a test run.

tonym

The field is OK as long as we drive carefully - got the 2 ton Leaf on and off.

I've put some bollards out for guidance on Fred's recommendation - hopefully they will still be there tomorrow. The ground between them is compacted and reasonably hard. Once in the open grass area drive towards the tree and park along the tape fence. We will fly on the 'Stick & Ball' field, not our usual area as that is sodden.

Don't know what time I'll get there - might not be until 10, there's no hurry :-) Arrive when you want and get flying, I'll see everyone when I get there.

Tony

Richardc

This is my first visit to Little Bentley Tony

Please can you tell me if the access off Harwich Road or Rectory Road?

Richard.

Kikapu

Halfway down Rectory Rd - entrance on the right.

Richardc

Cheers, I think I can see it on google maps.

See you there.

Thanks for replying.

tonym

I should have added directions - postcode + a pdf with directions in the first post in this thread -

simon_t

The prospect of a fun, chilled out day with benign weather is quite compelling.  So I would like to join you tomorrow to get some air under the wings.

Simon

BMFA 069287, 2.4GHz

• Like 1

Kikapu

Blimey, we'll have Ian Nicholls entering next!
See you there Simon.

Peter 

• Like 2

simon_t

I just wish I could drive in a straight line - 30ish minutes vs 2 hours :)

Simon

Nicholls
Just now, simon_t said:

I just wish I could drive in a straight line - 30ish minutes vs 2 hours :)

Simon

Peter, Little Bentley is a little too far and my new Shadow is yet to fly. I will be out at a pre-season “thermal clinic” next Saturday at Sittingbourne if I can drive in a straight line as Simon mentioned. Bet I’ve not finished with my old faithful ex Kevin Beale Shadow converted from F3J to a 2.5kg F5J though. 

Kikapu

Ah, I see, Simon!  You'll have to build yourself a big quadcopter to cut the corner.

Don't forget it's the beginning of Summer Time tonight.  'Spring forward - fall back' and all that.  

Kikapu

Good luck with your new Shadow next Saturday , Ian.  Hope it doesn't rain.