MiniGlider, RES * Classic

martynk

Not really too sure where to ask this question so here it is.

Just browsing through the forum during my lunch break and Under Home > Other Classes, there are listings for Miniglider, RES and Classic, all of which appear to have results tables. 

I am not actually sure what miniglider is, can someone enlighten me please and where are these events flown?

Regarding RES and Classic, are these flown in conjunction with other events and scores pulled from those results or do they have dedicated events for them. I haven't actually seen any but perhaps I have missed them. I assume they are glider rather than e-glider, but I am not absolutely sure.

Thanks

• Committee Member

Sadly these classes are allbut  defunct now. At least I am not aware of any current activity.

Mini Glider was the BARCS forerunner of what is now F3K.

RES and Classic are both glider classes which were usually flown within a BARCS Open glider competition.

They are  still listed in the members hand book which is currently being revised.

Be good if new interest could revitalise these classes.

• Like 1

Thanks Pete.  That's nice to know. Certainly the RES league was still active as at October 2017 although not hugely supported but Classic does not seem to have progressed beyond 2015.

There is some talk about forming a NW soaring group - although that appears to be predominantly electric at the moment but we will see how it develops. I have never made a secret that my interest is in traditional building (and subsequently flying) so I'll see if I can push some of these classes oop norf as they say (allegedly)  

Best wishes