mtreble

North or England Open F3F/Eurotour/World Cup

Witch_1

Thanks, and well done,  to Mark assisted by Jon for CD'ing us through tricky conditions to firstly achieve 4 rounds at all, then get an extra couple in, while still leaving us reasonable time to travel home!

Here are the progress charts produced from a copy of the results sheet above (an experimental version which a couple of us are working on).

North of England Open 2018 Charts V2.pdf

• Like 3

Peter G

Thanks to the Mark & Jon for getting a comp done in tricky conditions. 3 rounds on the south bowl on Sunday was a great surprise.

Well done to the top 3, what a team Sebastien & Phillipe make in light air! Awesome launching from Phillipe and razor sharp flying from Seb was very cool to watch 😎 Also a great moment for Keith 👍

I wasn't feeling well at all Saturday / Sunday and I still managed to have a great time!

Aubry GABANON

A massive thanks to Mark & Jon to greeted newcomers from France. Our trip was excellent and the weather you ordered for this contest was unexpected 😉

Sleeping in Whitby was also a good choice. After the comp' we drive quite easily to Manchester, late flight in the sunday should work next time.

Also thanks to all for your kindness at any time.

Below my pictures albums:

Practice Day

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Brett82
41 minutes ago, Aubry GABANON said:

A massive thanks to Mark & Jon

I second that, a massive thanks to Mark and Jon for organising the comp. It was a tough couple of days but you guys did everything you could to make sure we had a result that counted.

It was great to meat all the pilots from Europe and to make some new friends. Those pictures are really nice @Aubry GABANON, thanks for sharing. 

Hope to see you all in Wales, hopefully I wont get so sun burnt next time out. 😡

Buzz
19 hours ago, Witch_1 said:

Thanks, and well done,  to Mark assisted by Jon for CD'ing us through tricky conditions to firstly achieve 4 rounds at all, then get an extra couple in, while still leaving us reasonable time to travel home!

Here are the progress charts produced from a copy of the results sheet above (an experimental version which a couple of us are working on).

North of England Open 2018 Charts.pdf

Nice chart, but the result order doesn't appear to match the spreadsheet final positions.

7 rounds?  ...... maybe the group scoring has confused🤔

Maria Freeman

Yes, a big thank you to Mark and Jon.... As you know I only flew on the Friday . I really enjoyed myself and despite being last will definitely be doing some more comps. Was good to get the adrenaline going !

The prospect of a poor forecast for the Saturday put me off flying. I don’t really like sitting all day in blazing sun ! Instead I went and had a girly day , site seeing in Whitby 😀

I was also unsure about the Sunday , but obviously got it wrong ! Glad you got 3 rounds in !

Lovely to meet everyone......

Maria

• Like 2

Peter G
3 hours ago, Buzz said:

Nice chart, but the result order doesn't appear to match the spreadsheet final positions.

7 rounds?  ...... maybe the group scoring has confused🤔

Now I wasn't wanting to cause any more trouble, BUT, the results spreadsheet appears to have two discards applied. 🤕

Thankfully, the top 3 stays the same with one, but some positions & percentages do change.

Sorry Jon, I'll go away and self flaggelate for the rest of the evening. 

mtreble

The spreadsheet is supposed to have 2 discards applied.

The first one comes in on round 2 because it was group scored, so the 2 groups are split across rounds 2 & 3 (in the spreadsheet).

The second comes in on round 4 (round 5 in the spreadsheet)

mtreble

I have updated the BMFA League results.

The results from this competition have been re-normalised for British Pilots only and added to the league totals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Peter G
1 hour ago, mtreble said:

The spreadsheet is supposed to have 2 discards applied.

The first one comes in on round 2 because it was group scored, so the 2 groups are split across rounds 2 & 3 (in the spreadsheet).

The second comes in on round 4 (round 5 in the spreadsheet)

OK, I thought you only got a 2nd discard when 15 rounds have been completed.

mtreble
18 minutes ago, Peter G said:

OK, I thought you only got a 2nd discard when 15 rounds have been completed.

True, but this is not actually a real discard - it's a mechanism for the group scoring. Because the group scored round is split over 2 rounds, everyone then has a zero so the discard is added to cancel out the zero.

The algorithm is to add {number of groups}-1 discards for each group scored round.

Witch_1
5 hours ago, Buzz said:

Thanks, the position chart I posted earlier was incorrect as I had not amended the discards.  This has now been corrected. 

The spreadsheet copes with two groups by scoring one group as "1 round" with the other fliers scoring zero, and then vice versa for the second group.  Therefore everyone needs an "extra" discard applied and the competition appears to have an extra round.  The discards applied can be seen at the top of the raw data tab.

• Like 2

Peter G

I see, that makes sense. Thanks Mark 👍

• Like 1

Keith_W

A belated big thank you to Mark & Jon for persevering  to get a competition in and thanks also to buzzer supremos and helpers, John T in particular. It was an excellent weekend flying with a nice change for me managing to get in the top 3.

• Like 6

Aubry GABANON

Just to remember how it was smooth to see spectacle under the sun, sit like in a sofa 🙂

HoH practice

• Like 3

oipigface
3 hours ago, Aubry GABANON said:

Again with the last flight of Sébastien LANES on Shinto 🙂

HoH last flight - Shinto - Sébastien LANES

I don’t like to be picky, Aubry, but that was the South Bowl (not Levisham). What a brilliant team Lanes, père et fils, make!

• Like 1

Aubry GABANON

Modified ! Thanks for the remark, my iPhone had located it to Levisham so, what Apple say is often a true 😉 

Cheers,

Brett82

Just wondering if the results of the comp will get loaded to the FAI results page at some point? Anyone know if or when this might happen...?🤔