Come and try DLG - BMFA Buckminster - April 21st-22nd

mikef

Many thanks to Mike F and all the “professionals” for organising another excellent days weather and flying.

Now that I have my own model it was very helpful to be able to fly alongside an experienced flyer. The little snippets of knowledge are extremely useful. I must get some of those sunglasses that let  you see thermals!!

Running this event with a league competition  worked really well for me. My first time in the box shadowing a timer was an eye opener!

The standard of flying was very high. Gives me something to aspire to.

Apologies to Paul for the mid air (the only mid air I saw all day!), thanks to Mike C for Getting me back in the air, and Neil for the bits I’m now using to make a full damage repair.

Now looking forward to my first competition

Paul Gleeson

Hi Richard.

Mid-airs happen. Sorry your model got damaged. No need to apologise. 

See you at the next competition 

Paul

Pete Heywood

Thanks to all who organised and presented here. Everyone was welcoming and helpful - I learnt a lot. A couple of us would like a workshop on 'how to fix your broken dlg', and are happy to supply the broken parts 🙂 This is part and parcel of flying (for me at least), but I have very limited experience on working with carbon fibre. On the flying side, being a timer for someone experienced really helped, as did being timed by an expert. Flying somewhere different is interesting too. I now know what lift sort of looks like. If there is another one later in the year, I can throughly recommend this, and taking part in the comp as it is very different to flying alone - it really will improve your flying.