Sign in to follow this  
simon_t

Delphin by Aer-O-Tec

Woodstock

Now THAT'S right up my street!

simon_t

I have been very happy with the Ikura (and of course Shinto), although its not a cheap model - don’t know what this will cost, but it does look a good all-rounder

Simon

pete beadle

Hi Simon

On the Aerotec website it prices the Delphin at 1540 Euro

Is this then going to be the acceptable new price for a biggish sport model do you think?

I keep thinking back to the dear old Alpina when I see this, that too was relatively expensive in relation to the "standard" sportsters of 2.5 -3 metre span in its day......

So, are we happy with 1500 Euro, plus radio etc, being the potentially new target price for "high-end" sports models: Discuss......

Also, is a Delphin a Dolphin, or like the car manufacturers names - a made up one?

I have to say, to me it looks really good, but, would I spend this kind of money for something that wouldn't be competitive in the class of sport I'd be competing in on weekends? - now, for me THAT'S the question........

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

satinet

I think Mr Eder has worked out there are sales to be had in non f3x or f5x models for the well heeled pilot.

E.g he sells the crossfire2 in super light f3j layups which aren't going to be used in f3f or f3b. And the model was superseded by the shinto.

I guess the Ikura has the wings from the orca. They look similar anyway.

It is a lot of money. I guess the market is more for professionals with good money now. A lot of newcomers fly *drones* Pete!

pete beadle

Hi Tom

Quote - I think Mr Eder has worked out there are sales to be had in non f3x or f5x models for the well heeled pilot.

Yes, I used to be guilty of this myself, albeit lower down the food chain, and it was a real wrench to sell off all my "high-end plastic" last year

But, oddly, I'm starting to go for ex-competition mouldies again, although now only buying them after I've acquired the necessary dosh first, for me there's absolutely nothing better than owning and flying hand-me-downs from the rich and famous and flying them at every single opportunity!:thumbsup::)

Roll on the time, in a few years or so, when these Delphin's come onto the marked on the BARCS "For Sale and Wanted" section........:whistle:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

SilentPilot
1 hour ago, pete beadle said:

for me there's absolutely nothing better than owning and flying hand-me-downs from the rich and famous and flying them at every single opportunity!:thumbsup::)

That’s exactly what I do too!  Though they don’t have to be famous :D 

I don’t have the time (or skills!) to build anything myself so I tend to go for pre-loved models :) 

Tony

satinet

sloppy seconds

• Haha 1

pete beadle

Come on Tom

Why so grumpy today?

How about "paid for by the first owner, free fun for the next".........

No, I still prefer pre-owned and pre loved.........sums it up nicely:):yes::thumbsup:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

timboiow

That looks a very nice plane indeed (although to be fair Stefan rarely pens a "dud", and the old adage of "if they look right, they go right" seems to apply). I agree with those on a budget (what the misses or the kids don't find!!) they won't last long on the for sale section of the forum :-)