Davidheath

Winch

Davidheath

Hi, can you buy a commercial launching winch anywhere? If so, what would be the best make to look at?

satinet

Yes. The best known brand is Ober.

However i would try a wanted advert. Since everyone went electric there must be quite a few winches out there lying unused.

Winches if looked after ok dont really go wrong much. As the rules have been the same in f3b for years there also hasn't been much improvement in performance as only certain motors are legal for fai contests (all of which are quite old, as i recall). 

thermaldoctor

There will be dozens of pilots keen to sell you their unused winches so getting one at a good price won't be a problem. Best makes are ober and hollenbeck

Bill Haley

David I have probably the two best winches in the country. Highest torque of any winches available probably in the world. ? These  are for sale complete with turnarounds etc . If you are interested please get in touch for more info. Bill Haley

• Like 1

simon_t
7 hours ago, Bill Haley said:

David I have probably the two best winches in the country. Highest torque of any winches available probably in the world. ? These  are for sale complete with turnarounds etc . If you are interested please get in touch for more info. Bill Haley

I can confirm that you won’t get better than a ‘Haley’ winch - I have had one since the early ‘90s, it still works great, and the only thing that wore out was the ‘on/off’ switch which cost a couple of quid.  Huge torque and a bombproof freewheel (unlike cheaper winches).

Simon

Michael Ranger

Hi David,

I have an ex Brian Johnson winch complete with the turn round pulley and all stakes. I modified the control panel slightly on the winch and introduced a push switch to permit you to blip the winch when winding in the line at the end of the day. The foot pedal is also included. I also have three 300metre spare spools of 1.25mm Speedline and a 400metre spool of 1.45mm Speedline that l bought from Ace Models. There are two spare parachutes included along with gloves and hammers in a zip bag. There is also a small charger included as l made some modifications to permit you to charge the car battery from a small lightweight battery.

I am looking for around £150 but would be open to receiving any sensible offers.

We are travelling up to Northampton leaving on Friday morning and could load up the winch to bring up with us if it was of interest to you.

Just currently trying to upload some photos but struggling.

Regards,

Michael Ranger

Adrian14MZ
On 14/02/2018 at 08:24, Bill Haley said:

Hi Bill.

Have you sold your winch's yet. If not can you send me a couple of photos and I just might be interested in one of them.

Yours.

Adrian.

Email: pro@live.ie

Adrian14MZ
On 14/02/2018 at 21:25, Michael Ranger said:

Hi David,

I have an ex Brian Johnson winch complete with the turn round pulley and all stakes. I modified the control panel slightly on the winch and introduced a push switch to permit you to blip the winch when winding in the line at the end of the day. The foot pedal is also included. I also have three 300metre spare spools of 1.25mm Speedline and a 400metre spool of 1.45mm Speedline that l bought from Ace Models. There are two spare parachutes included along with gloves and hammers in a zip bag. There is also a small charger included as l made some modifications to permit you to charge the car battery from a small lightweight battery.

I am looking for around £150 but would be open to receiving any sensible offers.

We are travelling up to Northampton leaving on Friday morning and could load up the winch to bring up with us if it was of interest to you.

Just currently trying to upload some photos but struggling.

Regards,

Michael Ranger

Hi Michael.

Hi Bill.

Have you sold your winch's yet. If not can you send me a couple of photos and I just might be interested in one of them.

Yours.

Adrian.

Email: pro@live.ie