Welsh Open 2018

mtreble

Fantastic weekend guys,love every bit of it except that long walk to the Crest.

The usual banter and pee taking. 

Big congratulations to the top three and also a great big thanks to the guys that organised this weekend. 

Roll on to next year.

• Like 4

Huge thanks to Kevin for organising, & to all those who helped in so many ways make this years Welsh Open such a 'Cracking' event 👍

Stu. 

• Like 4

Great weekend people

big thanks to Kevin and all that helped run this event it was so easy for the pilots and in very trying conditions at times, we all got a good nice walk on Friday as well

excellant 

jp

• Like 1

I can only agree with all that has been said already, great weekend in great company!
Now for that analysis of where it was won or lost, the full results here :-

Welsh Open 2018.xls

Team Results :-

1.  Mickeys Massive    35244.17
2.  Tea Swillers    34040.30
3.  All Stars        33965.11
4.  Whitesheet Wizards    33370.49
5.  Bonkers        33193.05
6.  Smile and Wave Boys    32061.02
7.  Loose Cannons    30219.61

Jon

• Like 6

Another excellent weekend , thank you to all those that made it happen and thats not just the organisers . 

So many highlights   and not all in Bridgend for a change .

Andy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Redbird said:

I suppose there must be, a way to display the individual results using the spreadsheet. If so, how please?

Click on the Leader Board tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet. That gives you the names in order of finishing position and the total and normalised scores of each pilot. 

Unless you mean the individuals results from each round, that will be on the Results tab but that is in flying order. It does give you there position for that round and their ranking from that stage of the comp as the rounds progress.

Unless you know all that and mean something else.... than I dont know. haha

3 minutes ago, Redbird said:

Thanks Brett and Mike but 'Leader Board' is an empty page for me!

Strange, here is the leader board tab...

image.png.f8fdf42b35a8a51f54783402afb43275.png

• Like 1

While I'm at it, although perhaps I should ask in a different forum, I have been wanting to see a list of results by 'Glider'. Granted, pilots may switch per round but I would have thought that somewhere there would be an indication of how different gliders have been placing over the years. Best records I have come across are on RC-Soar.

Anyone know of such logs? Just curious.

Thanks, Bruce.

56 minutes ago, Redbird said:

While I'm at it, although perhaps I should ask in a different forum, I have been wanting to see a list of results by 'Glider'. Granted, pilots may switch per round but I would have thought that somewhere there would be an indication of how different gliders have been placing over the years. Best records I have come across are on RC-Soar.

Thanks, Bruce.

PM sent

Stefan Bertschi
1 hour ago, Redbird said:

Thanks, Bruce.

In 99% the glider isn't relevant (up to date model) but the monkey on the sticks (and how he sets his model up)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

In 99% the glider isn't relevant (up to date model) but the monkey on the sticks (and how he sets his model up)

Well that is good to know, much more the pilot than the machine, thank you.

I'd echo all of the above.. Fantastic Hill + Great Company = FAB weekend all round.  Got back at 8 knackered but happy.  Thanks to everyone that made it such a success particularly Mark T who behind the scenes does so much to keep things running and to Kev for his cool as a cucumber CD'ing.  

Now where are those winter league dates :)

PS don't forget we have whitesheets in a couple of weeks (just trying to work on the wife now)...

PPS The massive rock :) :) 

Joel

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Throughout the competition Kevin made a number of live streams on Facebook, 

Luckily for me Kevin captured my  'fastest time of the competition' flight of 38.17.  You can view this below at 1.45 . :)

Stu . 

• Like 2

Martin Church

Watched it live on my smart tv Stu via Kev’s Facebook feed  was an awesome flight & your round of applause was well deserved 👏👏👏👏

• Like 2