Horsham F5J May 13th entries open

kevb

comp report.

All week I was watching the weather forecasts and although it was always going to be flyable, wind and some showers where always present. Then at midnight on Saturday they all changed to light wind and no rain with some sunshine. We were defiantly going to have a competition.

All Saturday afternoon it had rain and at the field at 7:00 am the grass was very wet but still very firm under foot so we would have no problems getting 26 competitors and cars in and parked. Soon Colin Paddon and Graham Wick arrived with the computing and PA equipment and we got into setting everything up.

Aemon Keating and his young daughter, Portia, were the first competitors to arrive with Portia offering to help. Thanks Portia for collecting the entry fees, checking competitors insurance and helping with the scoring a great help.

The competition got underway promptly at 10:00 in light winds from the forecasted direction. Soon everyone got into the swing with the automatic preparation time, group timing and announcements. By mid-way through round 1 the local Buzzards were in in action being chased by groups of gliders.

With 10 minute break after round 2 and 20 minutes lunch stop we got through 6 rounds with ease. Only a couple of damaged models and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Congratulations to Ian Duff the final winner and to all the competitors for giving their best efforts, some good flying was seen throughout the day.

One note for all competition organisers who also fly at the comp. You will find it difficult as your mind is not always in the competition mode when it should be. I managed to double hit my motor switch after a low launch into some light lift resulting in a zero as the height recorder failed to give me a height. A note I specifically made clear at the briefing. Colin Paddon managed to fly in the wrong slot in the last round after having to change a battery on the wireless PA system. I let him fly in the next, correct slot while I checked the rules, which he won and would have won the comp with our Proglide home design model. This would have been the 3 win this year for our models, one to me and two to Colin. It was not to be as I gave him a Zero.

Thanks to all the competitors for making it easy for me, especially the new competition flyers and the return of some previous flyers. Hope you had fun and will come along to some more comps. Thanks to Colin Paddon, Graham Wicks and Colin Boorman for equipment and assistance all day. Thanks to Potia for helping. Thanks to the Horsham club who gave up the field on such a great day to allow you all to play.

See you all soon

Kevin

Horsham BMFA F5J League Event - Sunday 13 May 2018

Just to confirm the comp is ON ON ON ON ON ON. Grass will be wet first thing but after 9:00am weather is great. Field is good, firm but wet track with puddles. Flying area is great.

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW.

Horsham and District RCMC are hosting a BMFA League F5J competition at Lordings Farm, Nr Billingshurst, West Sussex on Sunday 13 May 2018.  We will be running a relaxed and fun competition for both existing competition flyers and new pilots alike. All welcome.

Directions to the field can be found here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/WADARC+SSB+Field+Day/@51.006585,-0.4774387,459m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xbad0546393cf519f!8m2!3d51.0063672!4d-0.4743782?hl=en

Get your entries in. Entrie so far:

Kevin Beale

Colin Paddon

Graham Wicks

Eamon Keating

Paul Hampshire

Nick Jackson

Ian Nicholls

Eddy Small

Tony Robertson

Jim Hatherway

Mike Connell

Colin Borrman

Peter Mitchell

Phil Ramsey

Rob Love

Garry Matthews

Keith Fisher

Chris Foss

Terry Stucky

Colin Lucus

John Barrow

Bert Laan

Peter Allen

Ian Duff

Al Lipscombe

Terry Pelling

Mike Raybon

Martin Garnett

Horsham 13.5.18 Landing Results.pdf

Horsham F5J - 13 May 2018 - Flight Scores - Duration.pdf

Horsham F5J - 13 May 2018 - Height Penalty.pdf

Horsham F5J - 13 May 2018 - Overall Results R1-R6.pdf

IMGP4890.JPG

IMGP4889.JPG

IMGP4887.JPG

IMGP4885.JPG

IMGP4883.JPG

IMGP4882.JPG

IMGP4878.JPG

IMGP4869.JPG

Edited by kevb
Updated entries
  • Like 1

Tone-the-glider

Hi Please enter me Tony Robertson and I also would like you to include Jim Hatherway.

As new pilots to F5J we might need to share a height/time limiter so if we can be scheduled in different slots it would be helpful 

My BMFA number is 165556.

My model is 2950mm wing span

Regards

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
  • Committee Member
PeteMitchell

I thought I had already entered this event Kevin, but looking thru the thread I have not:rolleyes:

Please enter me  

BMFA 33859

Cheers

Pete

Hi Kevin.

Could you add me to the list please. I will be on 2.4ghz and 

BMFA   018894

BARCS  2519

Thanks

Ian

On 01/04/2018 at 19:42, EssexBOF said:

Count me in, Kevin

BMFA 57851

BARCS 230

Going to give this one a miss, Kevin. Like to give a two week gap on events now to keep the peace at home and with Old Warden on the Saturday makes for a hectic weekend. Entry looks good so don't think my attendance will be missed.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, EssexBOF said:

Going to give this one a miss, Kevin. Like to give a two week gap on events now to keep the peace at home and with Old Warden on the Saturday makes for a hectic weekend. Entry looks good so don't think my attendance will be missed.

I am sure you will be missed Brian, but understand the politics 🙂

Regards

Eamon

3 hours ago, EssexBOF said:

No problem Brain. See you soon

Hi kev sorry to mess you about but I have got to drop out of Sunday's fun I have to much work I need to do so got to do that instead of having fun !

Thanks 

Rob