Multiplex Scirocco

Darren_O

Just about to pick up a 2ch Multiplex Scirocco, v-tail r/e model.

Not flown R/E only model before and I'm wondering do you put rudder on your normal aileron stick? I fly mode 1 so having all controls on 1 stick would seem a bit foreign. 

Bear in mind things tend to happen a bit slower than an aileron model.  Downwind turns are to be done with care in strong wind, if you are slope soaring. 

• Like 1

Ta for all the advice, had to delay picking it up as my cars stuck in the snow.  It's not been touched since the 70's so it's going to need covering and a refit. Looking forward to flying it in the summer.

The snow advice is not the same all round the country. Here in North Wales, the covering is light in lower areas, and passable higher up. I was out and about yesterday without concerns. Perhaps Darren was unlucky - he certainly hasn't ignored any advice from the government or met office! :)

Car's stuck because it was parked at my home when it snowed. I live on top of a steep hill, so even if I'd wanted to ignore the advice I couldn't as it was stuck...in the snow...the car is currently shod in medium compound track tires which doesn't help..

I did however walk into work and drive my van because people needed supplies....

IMG_20180302_112907687.jpg

• Like 2

She's here! Complete with full plan and original booklet. Very dirty and in need of a lot of tlc, she's never flown but has a few bruises from living in a garage 40 years. One for the workbench. 

Going to have the plan scanned/digitised. 

IMG_20180305_210121127.jpg

IMG_20180305_205910517.jpg

Nice, shout if you need any of the German translating.

Looks like it has Graupner spoilers.

Cheers

Gary

• Like 1

Well spotted, it does have Graupner spoilers.  I was born in Germany but my German is almost entirely gone. I may take you up on that.

Odd because the box art shows MPX type blade spoilers, perhaps they were an option?

Just been scratching about in my loft and pulled out an MPX Dart, not flown in my hands. The radio install is proper 'ship in a bottle' stuff! 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Moving along a bit now I've got some time off work. I think I may re trim the ruddervators in the transparent lime, just the control surfaces. They look a bit like I've wedged floorboards on the tail, was that the style of the time? #square. 

Little bit of white trim to tidy the edges and then it's on to the electrics. 

May give the fuse a respray too, the bright white film shows it up now. Wish HK did a slightly ivory film to match old fuselages.

IMG_20201012_152853236.jpg