Sign in to follow this  
Tone-the-glider

Altis V4

Tone-the-glider

Just got myself an Altis V4+.

Spent most of the afternoon trying to install and reinstall the Flight Manager application.

Downloaded the install program and then run it. Says it has to install Microsoft Visual C + + 2012 *****. seems to complete it then goes back to install window for Flight  Manager with comment "not responding"

Dell Laptop with windows 7

Any ideas please????

TONY

SilentPilot

I use Altis electronics and find them very good indeed. The flight manager went on my laptop without issue, unlike most things I try install, usually they don’t download until you “unblock” them. I forget the exact term the computer uses, it may not actually say block/unblock.

Mine is an old Vista machine though so it may be different for you but try right clicking the application and go to Properties, somewhere at the bottom it says allow or unblock. Check this then select apply. Try double clicking the app. again and it might work.

You might have to do this for the C+ and another programme before it will load all three.

Good luck!

Tony

PeteMitchell

Can you check that Microsoft Visual C is installed  in your pc?  If it's not already present in your pc it has to be downloaded from microsoft and installed  first  as I don't think Altis can install itself without this.

• Like 1

Richardjb

Tony

Try right clicking on the install executable and select the install as administrator option.

Richard

paulj

Not helpful to your problem at the moment - hopefully you will be able to sort that out soon (sorry!).

I contacted Aerobtec to ask for the format of the log file (in hind site, perhaps a bit naive!). I don't use any version of windows, but I am happy to hack something up under Linux. They declined to give me details of the format, stating that this could open up opportunities for people to cheat. Fair enough. Anyway, they did say they were developing a new multiplatform package, which would run under windows, linux and OSX. This will hopefully get away from the type of problems such as the one you are facing above.

satinet
11 hours ago, PeteMitchell said:

Can you check that Microsoft Visual C is installed  in your pc?  If it's not already present in your pc it has to be downloaded from microsoft and installed  first  as I don't think Altis can install itself without this.

Yes i would look what you have got installed

I've run in to problems before. Iirc You can end up with more than one version

Martin O
On 16/03/2018 at 23:42, Tone-the-glider said:

Just got myself an Altis V4+.

Spent most of the afternoon trying to install and reinstall the Flight Manager application.

Downloaded the install program and then run it. Says it has to install Microsoft Visual C + + 2012 *****. seems to complete it then goes back to install window for Flight  Manager with comment "not responding"

Dell Laptop with windows 7

Any ideas please????

TONY

I had the same issue a couple of weeks back on an oldish W10 laptop. Ended up going to Microsoft update site and installing Visual c++ 2017

All then worked okay.