F3F Champion of Champions 7-8 April, the Bwlch, Wales

mtreble

It does say that access will be maintained for pedestrians, so we may just have to park on the A4107 (wrecker) and walk to the other slopes if need be.

I think we need some local knowledge here, so I will see what I can find out.

• Like 1

To avoid Joel getting loads of emails or PM's about this, I have already emailed  him with the above info. I'm sure Joel will post as soon as he has any info for us. 

Stu. 

forecast has been all over the place last few days the beeb admitting they havent a clue, sounds like we could be on the wrecker sunday anyhoo so that will be accessable

saturday looks like a day in the pub :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, abbof3f said:

XC is awful at mo ...bugger all wind ...might take my mtb with me . 

Got my solius and Mavic ready!

Hi guys

I've been on to the counsel and they have confirmed that the A4061 will be closed to all vehicles from both Treorchy and Nant Y Moel.  However the other Rd that can get you to the top via Afan Forest (A4107)  and past the wrecker car park will be open until it meets the A4061.

This should be fine for Sunday as current predictions have us on the Wrecker or Crest. Saturday might be more challenging as the wind direction has us on the westerly which would be a long walk from were we would be able to leave the cars. This is assuming they wouldn't let us drive that small section to the farmers gate.

I'll see what Clayton comes back with and confirm what we plan to do this evening.

• Like 1

At the moment the nanty side is open. They've started work from Treorchy. There aren't any issues coming up the A4107. 

Had to have a quick finger numbing fly on the Back of the Wrecker. Be rude not to :P

Tested out how the dog was with the plane too. A little curious,  but he was excellent! No teeth marks to repair!

• Like 1

Spoke to a worker on my way down. It will be all closed. A4107 is our only option.

Tempted to park in Nanty and walk.

See how I feel after work Saturday Morning.

Sorry I can't join all of you this weekend but my new car accident repair centre is opening on Monday and I have loads still to do.

Hope you manage to find a way up and have a great weekend of fly.

See you all soon.

Hi guys

Just to update you on the latest after looking at the weather forecast and Clayton's report of the rd closure. 

Sunday still looks fine as the wind has us on the wrecker/crest so the rd closure shouldn't be a problem.  Saturday however is a different proposition with rain forecast in the morning and then a westerly in the afternoon which would put us at the far end of Mickey's which would be a very long walk from the wrecker car park.

Therefore, we have a number of alternatives (possibly more, but these are the 3 that sprang to my mind):

1) Call off Saturday and run the comp on Sunday only.  This seems a bit drastic for the following reasons, i) This assumes we will not be able to access the farmers gate and we won't really know this until we try, ii) although the walk would be an undertaking it's probably no further than the majority of slopes that don't have a rd running up them. iii) Many of us have already booked accommodation for Saturday night.

2) Move the comp on Saturday to another locatios. Unfortunately the only place close would be Rossilly and considering it's still school holidays I don't thing this is a goer.

3) Assemble at the Wrecker car park and give it a go. If the workmen won't let us access the gate (and we could always try oiling the wheels) we walk up the hill.

Therefore unless anyone else has any other bright(er) ideas I suggest we go with the 3rd option.

The only adjustment would be that considering the drive around and the fact that rain is forecast in the morning, I would suggest a slightly later start time of 10am.

Constructive comments welcome :)

Joel

I go for option 3 Joel. 

The forecast has changed yet again so maybe by tomorrow we will have a better idea of what is possible and what options we have.?? It's anyone guess at the moment

Option 3 I reckon Joel.

Since getting back on the sticks this year, I have noticed that the forecasts have been absolutely atrocious in their accuracy. I don't believe I have seen a day where the wind direction, strength or conditions have been as forecast.

With a light breeze Saturday, the chances of an afternoon sea breeze on the BOW are fairly good. But the forecast seems to be flicking back and fore at the moment.

If it's Westerly and we can't drive across to the track, we should be able to park neat the icecream car park,  just around the corner.

Looking forward to catching up with you blokes again :D

I am travelling down sat morn regardless of weather or roads ...somehow it will happen ..a night out for curry with good mates and the possibility of a day or 2 racing on the wrecker is worth the drive/cost etc, i am in ....we owe it to Joel/Mark treb  trying to string this pile of ---- together and get us a race finally, in what has been the shi11est winter league ever ...Come on lads lets have some racing ,banter and fun !!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, abbof3f said:

I am travelling down sat morn regardless of weather or roads ...somehow it will happen ..a night out for curry with good mates and the possibility of a day or 2 racing on the wrecker is worth the drive/cost etc, i am in ....we owe it to Joel/Mark treb  trying to string this pile of ---- together and get us a race finally, in what has been the shi11est winter league ever ...Come on lads lets have some racing ,banter and fun !!!

Agreed Abbo let's have it! 

• Thanks 1