F3F Champion of Champions 7-8 April, the Bwlch, Wales

mtreble

I have lots of licences for road working /civil engineering/excavation  equipment ...lol ....i,ll bring some keys just incase  !lol 

Sorry Guys, I am bitterly disappointed & very frustrated to say i'm having to drop out of the comp. I have just sent an email to Joel .

Wishing you all a very enjoyable weekend & successful Comp.

Stu :(

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, abbof3f said:

I must say ....i keep going on the forecast and the wind changes direction every hour????

i stopped looking. I'm just telling myself that we'll be on VR saturday arvo and the Wrecker Sunday.

Hope it works :thumbsup:

Bib numbers for tomorrow are:

1 Steve Haley
2 Rich Bago
3 Mike Evans
4 Paul Stubley
5 Jon Edison
6 Ian Falconer
7 Mark Abbotts
8 Mike Shellim
9 Clayton Landells
10 Dave Rumble
11 Mark Treble
12 Nigel Witchalls
13 Graeme Mahoney
14 Stuart Wallace
15 Keith Wood
16 Pete Burgess
17 Greg Dakin
18 Joel West
19 Mark Passingham
19 Tony Livingstone
20 Andy Burgoyne

Start pilot will be drawn randomly before the contest begins.

Just had a fly on the back of the wrecker tonite. The road its open from nanty to ice cream carpark It's only closed the treorchy side

20180406_185131.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, abbof3f said:

I am travelling down sat morn regardless of weather or roads ...somehow it will happen ..a night out for curry with good mates and the possibility of a day or 2 racing on the wrecker is worth the drive/cost etc, i am in ....we owe it to Joel/Mark treb  trying to string this pile of ---- together and get us a race finally, in what has been the shi11est winter league ever ...Come on lads lets have some racing ,banter and fun !!!

Are you bringing them? :)

• Haha 1

Hi guys

Just to confirm we are ON for tomorrow at 10am.  You may want to assume that the normal routes up the mountain are shut and make your way via Afan Forest,  we will assemble at the wrecker car park for a briefing.

See you there

Joel

Hi guys

Last post I promise :).  I've just spoken to Rich who has confirmed that the Rd from the Bridgend side has been completed and is open.  So if you are coming in from the M4 I would give it a go.

Cheers

Joel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, jwest532 said:

..... if you are coming in from the M4 I would give it a go.

Road is open from Bridgend this morning. No work done on that side yet.

See you when you get here. Wake me up when the rain stops,  I'm in the black Mondeo Estate.

Can confirm, Rd from Bridgend is open but it’s NOT from Treorchy. Can also confirm that it’s currently P###ing it down and Clayton is asleep 😜

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Little update.

We almost completed one round on the VR slope. The wind stopped and slowly shifted through 270 degrees to West and brought clag with it.

Hopefully get 4 rounds done tomorrow :blink:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi guys

Just a brief synopsis for this weekend for those that weren't there. 

Saturday started wet but soon dried up so we started on the VR98 in about 4m/s. Unfortunately we got about 3/4 of the way through the first round before the wind gave up and we were becalmed.  It eventually came back but this time blowing from the West. We therefore de-camped to Mickeys but unfortunately with the wind came the clag and therefore no more racing.

Sunday started promising with no clag or rain and light wind on the Wrecker. Unfortunately the wind hovered around the 2 to 3 m/s all morning making sports flying possible but no racing.  Eventually we called it off at 12 with no evidence that the wind would build.

Thank you to every one who attended, especially those that helped with the course.

Regards

Joel