F3F Champion of Champions 7-8 April, the Bwlch, Wales

mtreble

With the winter leagues now complete.. it's time to get ready for Champion of Champions 2018!

Could all qualifying pilots please PM me to let me know if you are willing and able to attend or not ASAP. If there are pilots who cannot attend then their place will be offered to next pilot further down the list from their league.

With the Welsh League not running due to poor weather, those who have entered the Welsh winter league are also invited to attend.

The qualifying pilots from each league are:

North:

Steve Haley, Greg Dakin, Rich Bago, Mark Treble, Mark Passingham

South:

Mike Shellim, Tony Livingstone, Ian Falconer, Stuart Wallace, Graeme Mahoney

Midlands:

Mike Evans, Andy Burgoyne, Scott Ravenscroft, Paul Stubley, Brett Larrett

Scotland:

Ewan Maxwell, Peter Gunning, Dave Watson, Mike McCracken

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mark, 

Wondered if you able to post a confirmed entry list yet ? or are you still waiting for a few confirmations .

Stu. 

Hi guys

As Mark is away in La Moo and next week end is almost upon us I thought I should give you all an update on the proceedings as I know them.

Meeting place is as normal i.e. the ice cream car park at 9am.  It's not normal to make a weather call for a 2 day comp so assume it is ON.

Flying order will be agreed on the day however, below is a list of pilots that I believe have confirmed attendance:

North: Steve Haley, Greg Dakin, Rich Bago, Mark Treble, Mark Passingham

South: Mike Shellim, Tony Livingstone, Ian Falconer, Stuart Wallace, Graeme Mahoney

Midlands: Mike Evans, Andy Burgoyne, Paul Stubley 

Unfortunately due to the date we don't have anyone coming from Scotland

Wales: Attendees and therefore qualifiers were myself, Abbo, Dave R, Keith W, Nigel, Stefan, John T, & Clayton (could you please all confirm you wish to attend)

We now have a max no. of 19 pilots when we normally have circa 25-30. I therefore suggest that we open this out to anybody else who wishes to attend on a first come first serves basis.

Please email me @ jwest532@aol.com if you wish to take one of these places.

Regards

Joel

• Like 1

Stefan Bertschi

Although I would love to participate there are currently two blocking issues:

a. no reasonable priced flights available
b. the better half does heavily object....

a. could be solved but b. can't be overcome (as I already announced that I want to attend the Taifun Race 2019....)

I hope you will have a fabulous comp.

Stefan

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

Although I would love to participate there are currently two blocking issues:

a. no reasonable priced flights available
b. the better half does heavily object....

a. could be solved but b. can't be overcome (as I already announced that I want to attend the Taifun Race 2019....)

I hope you will have a fabulous comp.

Stefan

Stefan, you need to earn some more brownie points!!

• Sad 1

isoaritfirst

School boy error Stefan.Should not have mentioned Taifun until you had been to Wales, and the dust settled. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fpljohn said:

yes No JP

sad old man has a bad knee :(

Sorry to hear that JP, Is that the result of your flying trip with Daniel to Rhossili :(

Stu. 

8 minutes ago, Gromit said:

Sorry to hear that JP, Is that the result of your flying trip with Daniel to Rhossili :(

Stu. 

Think it was Whitesheet or this Drops thing...

23 hours ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

... (as I already announced that I want to attend the Taifun Race 2019....)

Hong Kong? You should save your points for 2020 ;-)

This has just been posted on the south Wales slopers thread. Does anyone have any further info?

I saw a post on modelflying that the Bwlch access roads are closed due to Engineering issues - I guess the bad weather has taken its toll.  Was expected to be out for at least a week from the 3rd April - anyone have any local / updated news on this?

Looks like you could certainly get to the three Wrecker slopes and the VR98 via Port Talbot. Whether the slopes on the other side of the road are accessible depends on what is meant by 'after' in the news report.