mtreble

F3F Champion of Champions 7-8 April, the Bwlch, Wales

simon_t

Tough luck all, especially Joel for organising the winter league events and this event.  It just seems like everything conspired against you this year.  Hopefully the summer league will have better weather and normal service will be resumed.

Simon

• Like 1

Gromit

Sorry to hear this news guys, a really disappointing end to what has been a very difficult winter lg series.

Stu. 

• Like 1

Alibabaj

Despite not having the comp I had a great time, PB2 now flown in anger albeit we didn’t manage to complete the round.

Also some new carbon on show, not Sure of the name but it seemed to go well... once Gregg plugged BOTH ailerons in...!

25DE0C74-753B-4CF5-99DB-D557842BFE8E.thumb.jpeg.d55900660d72d60e5c3423b9231da1fb.jpeg

G

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

jwest532
24 minutes ago, Alibabaj said:

Despite not having the comp I had a great time, PB2 now flown in anger albeit we didn’t manage to complete the round.

Also some new carbon on show, not Sure of the name but it seemed to go well... once Gregg plugged BOTH ailerons in...!

25DE0C74-753B-4CF5-99DB-D557842BFE8E.thumb.jpeg.d55900660d72d60e5c3423b9231da1fb.jpeg

G

That colour scheme makes me look good:)

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

I also had a lovely weekend. Lots of nice thermalling about today, with the occasional run along the edge. 

Thanks to Joel for stress free non-event with all the right decisions being made in all the right places.

Also a big thank you to everyone for donating their shrapnel to my sponsored ride later this year. 

All monies will be entered onto my just giving page later and with a little gift aid should be close to £17.  Thanks again. 

• Like 1

SilentPilot
1 hour ago, Alibabaj said:

That looks good! Is it one of James’s new Redshift’s?

Scram

Sorry to hear you all had such a disappointing w/e non-comp.

Just glad I save another plane or 2  :frantics:

Greg Dakin

Yes it is the new Redshift, built by Jim with installation by Mark P.....and receiver installation by me 😙

DSC_0004.JPG

• Like 3

SilentPilot

Would you like a test flight by me?

sorry, got to ask!

Greg Dakin

Ha ha - yes, why not sounds like the perfect plan!! 

• Haha 1

oipigface

Schadenfreude strikes!

While you chaps were kicking your heels at the Bwlch, I participated in a retro experience at Crook Peak. One of the few remaining regular cross-country competitions was held in unpromising conditions. Two rounds of heats plus a flyoff. Each slot 40 minutes. 13 pilots turned up. I flew my Libelle - and, yes, I had three flights!

A grand day out. More in the July BMFA News.

Greg's new one looks quite startling. Does it go well, Greg?

• Like 3

Skip

It was awesome to catch up with you blokes again. Thanks to Joel and Mark for their efforts which were thwarted by the Welsh Weather demons.

I've put some words and pictures on my blog here if you fancy a squizz.

Looking forward to the next time I am able to get out to an event :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Greg Dakin
10 hours ago, oipigface said:

Greg's new one looks quite startling. Does it go well, Greg?

Well John, I really enjoyed the two flights that I had in 2.5 - 3 m/s. Super flat glide and 'aggressive' presence, responsive roll rate, and what felt to be a very fast (dry) cruise speed. It's way too early to make a meaningful assessment, but there seems to be a lot of potential in this beastie, whether I can tap into it is another matter altogether though 🤔

Hoping that Mark and JP will be ready to join the fray in short order, so that we can convene Team "Fizzy" Redshift 😜

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 2