New Model Advice

Jamie

New forum member looking for some advice on next model.

I've been flying an E-flite Mystique full house glider for couple years now. It's a good model but heavy at 2.7Kg. I'm looking for a new model that will catch weaker thermals better.

I was looking at the Circle Dancer 3.6m full house as an alternative. I can't afford a £1,000 composite model. A model that I could dabble with in F5J comps in-between my F3N would be great.

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions to a new model? I'm looking around £500 pound price for model, which will leave £200 for a motor.

Motors: would the Powerline 1025 motor be suitable for this airframe, or is this overkill? My Mystique has a 40amp outrunner motor but I'm fed-up of stepping up to altitude as it hauls the fat mystique to altitude.  The thought of 20 second vertical climbs to 180metres definitely appeals. Would the circle dancers balsa wings be able to tolerate this style and level of climb rates?

• Austin changed the title to New Model Advice

Jamie, I hear what you are saying and I started mine with a Mystique RES and competed in F5J, although not at all competitively, but the crack was good and the individuals flying are great.

If your budget is £700 all in, I would seriously consider adding a little to that and considering the Xplorer Kenny has for sale.

It is over your budget, but is a competitive model and has everything included.  I bought two of these last year and am made up with them.  Honestly they are a doodle to fly and are greater fun.

Just a thought.  It is an expensive hobby, but once you want to move on you can still recover most if not all of your outlay, as these models are always wanted.

regards

Eamon

I believe Kev is in the South East, in Sussex.

They are great models and you wouldn’t be disappointed. As I say I have two Xplorers from last year and they have served me well.  Still have the Mystique, but it doesn’t come out at all now as far too heavy.

That is a good price too, I paid more for one of mine and one came without any electronics so was slightly cheaper.  I am not pushing this for Kev, although I can confirm he is an excellent builder and would expect the work on this model to be top quality.  Best to PM him and see what he can do.  He is a really nice guy.

You could always come up to one of the comps to meet up.

Here is some footage of one of mine flying for fun in Sussex.

Regards

Eamon

• Like 1