tonym

F5J - Southern Area - 15th April 2018 - Lt. Bentley, Essex

CJS

Great video, a totaly new perspective, especialy good to encourage those of us that did not make it.  I have no idea when and where the next one is . . . I hope I can get the demons of my back by then, I was all ready to come, down to the car loaded . . . Then a masive wave of nagativity hit, its like that, hapens in seconds, the day is gone before it starts!

So, work up to the next comp., get some practice in.

CJS

tonym

Here are the landing scores, height penalties and round scores with spares and missing pilots deleted (the reason some slots only had 4 and others had 5, 6 or 7).

landing.png

height.png

r1.png

r2.png

r3.png

r4.png

r5.png

Eamon

You just need to come along. Brilliantly supportive group who will make you feel most welcome. 

Next comp is in Kent on 22nd I think followed by Horsham F5J next month. 

ceebee

Tony, I notice that I have been given a zero score for one round which is incorrect. It may have been that someone forgot to put my card in but I definitely had a score in all 5 rounds. It doesn't really matter as I didn't put in a good performance most of the time so I doubt that it would have made too much difference.

Altogether, it was a fun day and thanks to all the organisers' for running the comp. Once the weather cleared I think everyone had a great time.

Cheers

Colin

tonym

Sorry Colin, it wasn't on the score sheet but I have the score card for R4S1 - 9:59, 0 landing, 147 - added 300ish points and raised you to 6th.

Revised results

result_.png

ceebee

OK Tony, thanks. As I said, it didn't really matter but it explains why I was so low down in the results. 

Overall a good job done and I even learnt a bit more about Gliderscore.

Eamon

10th now. 

This is getting depressing  :cry:

simon_t
14 minutes ago, Buster46 said:

10th now. 

Plummeted nearly as quickly as my1st and 3rd round flights :)  I think it was the 3rd round that you really clobbered me...

Was a a great days flying through with really interesting conditions and lots of ‘learning opportunities’.  Many thanks to Tony et al for making it happen!

Simon

• Haha 1

wixy

Another fantastic day ,spent in great company .

Good to watch young Julian .Very good air reading skills and superbly set up models .

Nice video from Eamon and a special thanks to his young daughter for helping with the scoring .

Tony Thankyou for organising and CD ing  without guys like you the sport wouldn’t exist .

Regards the mistake **** happens sometimes .secret is to learn from it .

Maybe next time one off us should sit down with the CD and double check scores ,rather than rushing to pack models away .

thanks again 

Graham

• Thanks 1

Kikapu
29 minutes ago, Buster46 said:

Please no more 'surprises'.  I've slipped from 8th to 10th and now 11th. ;)
I'm worried that if there are any more 'surprises' I'll finish below Randy.  
Wish I hadn't said that now as I bet he's looking more closely at his score right now.
Brilliant day.  Good to see all of you once again.  Many thanks, in particular, to Tony and Peter M. 

Peter L

• Like 1

Eamon

Was a cracking day and was great fun. 

Wouldn’t have missed it and have nothing but gratitude and respect for all those that CD these comps. 

I don’t have enough time to get my models ready each round, let alone run the comp. 

well done to everyone and a special thank you to Tony and Pete M for their time. 

Can’t wait for the next comp. 

At least my landing scores are improving :frantics:

Eamon

Julian was on fire.

For those that are interested, he has a YouTube channel 

Genuinely exiting to watch.  They definitely do things differently in Europe.  Will have to try it next time.  Will probably end in tears, but was great fun to watch.

• Like 1

Richardc

Why bother with an engine, just  hand-launch, would that get the highest score in F5J?

Julian certainly knows his stuff. Hope he’s successful in making the German team.

If he dosen’t make the cut they will have some very good good pilots over there!

Excellent videos, thanks for pointing them out Eamon.

Richard.

• Like 1

kevb

Great day Tony thanks to you and your team and Eamons daughter. Realy interesting conditions needing lots of focus. Good to see Julian fly, its what we all need top class flyers to give us something to aspire to.

Kevin

• Like 2

Randolph T

Oh, oh, oh, oh. I fell so fast I got a nose bleed.

I blamed it on John H. For having a great flying day.

Good crowd, great pilots. What a great way to spend a Sunday.

Randy 

• Like 1

Eamon

I have added a gallery of pics which I took in the Home section of the site.

First time doing this and rushed it I am afraid.

Will try to take more at other comps and keep the pics coming, as probably better than my results from flying :thumbsup:

Hope they are ok.

Eamon

tonym

Nice one Eamon

Link direct to the photos hopefully -

• Like 1

Eamon

Thats brills Tony, dont know how to do that.  Well done.

Eamon

• Like 1