La Muela 2018

mtreble

Sorry about the silence so far. We are doing too much flying, drinking and eating to be able to send forum messages as well. The British contingent here is Tony Robertson, Mark T and me. Our fortunes are very varied.

Yesterday, the comp started at about 2 in the afternoon. The weather was OK, the winds were light and variable. By the time we finished at 8, the wind had freshened, getting to 20ms from time to time. Mark flew very well, and wound up at 5th overnight, with very little between the top pilots. I wound up at 28th (or thereabouts) and Tony wound up with a gash on his leg where he flew his Freestyler into it. Fortunately, bits of the freestyler hit the rock he was standing on first, otherwise he might have had a broken leg.

Today was bloody cold, and the winds behaved much the same as they did yesterday. Mark ate his lunchtime bocadillo basking in the knowledge that he was the leader of the pack. Alvaro Silgado put in consecutive 30 sec runs, and Inaki and Pierre were clearly keen to do better. Mark had some bad air (and a cut), and with all the competition and not quite so good fortune, he wound up at the end of the day in 10th. I finished in 26th, and Tony didn't really compete this afternoon, despite having done some well-controlled runs in the morning.

Right, it's beer o'clock so I won't say anything about Rondel's new plane. It's called Quantum. It's made by the same guy who made the Vampire. It's designed by P Rondel with Dirk Pflug. It costs €1300, and Pierre can fly very fast with it, but not as fast as Alvaro....yet.

Tomorrow we start at 10 again.

Posted by Oipigface on my laptop!

• Like 4

Was great to see Mark at top of the shop earlier today - great performance in this field of flyers.  Hopefully he can push back up tomorrow.  Whatever, I’m sure your all having a great time in good company.

Simon

• Like 3

Hope you've got the TwinStars out, or todays equivalent !!  ;-)  ;-)        Well done so far, and keep up the good fun !!  :-)

Yes, Tony's OK. He didn't fly today, but he did have a go in 2 or 3 rounds yesterday flying his Ascot, but gave up when he damaged one of its ball linkages. His leg is a bit sore, but it will mend. I missed the last three rounds today because a servo arm gave way on the Pitbull, and the Pitbull2's first flight in competition ended with crunched flap servo gears. I had worked my way up to 23rd place, but wound up in 27th. I wasn't too unhappy with the flights I did make. I cut a couple of times, but missing 4 rounds altogether makes a bit of a hole in your record. Mark got back into the top ten with some good flying today, and seems reasonably content with being 95% of Alvaro Silgado, who won. Second was Carlos Ribero, and third was Daniel Portella, who I had not met before but put in some very impressive runs.

It was cold again this morning, 1˚ at 9am, so we shivered until the sun started to warm things up around 11.  The course was flyable from early on, and winds varied through the day between 5 and 20ms. in the end 21 rounds were completed.

Although, once again, I cocked up a lot of things that I shouldn't (must carry more spare parts!) I enjoyed this event a lot. It was smoothly run by Iñigo Herrera and Gerardo Plaza, and the conditions were challenging for flying without being overly unpleasant.

isoaritfirst

3 days of wind is a good event. It sounded like it was changeable but 20 rounds is a good leveller 

Trust me to miss this one. it’s been a while since la Muela has  been so good. Well at least that is what it looks like from a very wet and cold uk. I wouldn’t rush back John. 

Congrats to Mark. A good result. 

Well done Mark on finishing in the top 10, a very nice result. 

Well done John on your own placing, had you not had unfortunate issues you could have been placed well yourself. 

I hope Tony is on the mend, Ouch ! 

Enjoy the rest of whatever time you are staying there for, have a safe journey home. 

Stu. 

Sounds like it was an all round, really good comp and 21 rounds flown is not too shabby. 

Hope Tony is ok. Well done Mark and well done John, if you hadn't missed so many rounds that could have been a good result too. 

Tone-the-glider

Hi all 

Thanks for the well wishers, leg is still a bit painful but it will get better, unlike the FS4 it is probably now in a dump site somewhere in Spain.

Was definitely on my way to a PB before the rock and my leg got in the way:wacko:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1