BenH

OpenTX .eepe file for 6 servo f5j glider?

BenH

Hi

Dose anyone have an OpenTX .eepe file for a 6 servo f5j glider (Xplorer) they could share with me?

I could do with a starting point rather than starting from scratch.

Many thanks, Ben

Eamon

Are you the guy that came to Little Bentley and bought Kev's Xplorer?

You coming along on sunday to the Kent Multilaunch? Its a great comp to start at.  Really good people and a fun day.

regards

Eamon

BenH

Yes, that was me...

Thanks for the link.

I would love to come along but unfortunately have million other things I need to do. I will come along at some point though.

Got to get the Xplorer setup first anyway.

Ben

Eamon

Ben,

the file from Mike will take you around 2 hours to setup the first time, but gets much easier once you see how the process works.

It is an excellent program and gives you all of the fine tuning you need.

Good luck and just shout if you need something.  Everyone here is here to help and share experience.

Hopefully see you out there soon.

regards

Eamon

BenH

I could do with some help selecting a speed controller. I bought a 'Soaring 60A ESC' from T9HobbySport but its way too big. Kevin recommended a 70 amp jeti but they are expensive. I've got a 40 amp AeroStar from another model which would fit nicely and get me going this weekend but I have no idea if it's up to it. It's got a Hacker a20-6xl 10 pole evo 4:1 gearbox in it and I bought a 16 x 10 prop.

Eamon

I personally like the YGE speed controllers from Hyperflight.

https://www.hyperflight.co.uk/products.asp?cat=Powertrains&subcat=Speed+Controls+%2F+ESC

They aren't cheap, but this is one place you don't want to scrimp on as if it goes wrong and you haven't set up an alternative power supply to your receiver your going to lose your model.

Unfortunately this isnt a cheap hobby, but the parts are reliable and you only buy one, rather than keep replacing them.

Eamon

I just had an MKS flap servo give up, they are £74 but the replacement gears are £16 and I have rebuilt it.

Well worth the cost if you can keep rebuilding such a strong servo in the long run.

Eamon

BenH

What about current rating for the ESC?

Eamon

I have 60 amp, but not sure for your setup.  Best person to ask is Kev as he flew this model and built it.

BenH

I'm thinking of using the 40A AeroStar for this weekend and not run at any where near full power but also having a backup battery just in case.

I've got a 5 amp 5v SBEC. Presumably, as long as everything is at 5 volts, that can plug into the spare port and not conflict with the BEC in the speed controller?

BenH

Right, I think I've come up with a scheme where I can get the 60A ESC in.

Fingers crossed...

Steve J
1 hour ago, BenH said:

I've got a 5 amp 5v SBEC. Presumably, as long as everything is at 5 volts, that can plug into the spare port and not conflict with the BEC in the speed controller?

No. If you do this, disconnect the red wire from the ESC.

Steve