PeteMitchell

BARCS-ELG 6thMay 2018

tonym

Me in 2m please Pete,

Tony

• Like 1

PeteMitchell
7 hours ago, Buster46 said:

Will bring Portia, but if you would rather she didn’t interfere with scoring etc just let me know and I can have a word.

Good luck with that Eamon, Portia is a great help,and she keeps the guys in line far better than me😅

But I will need help checking at the end of the day for final results and I will call on one or two volunteers for that.

ThermalBoy

Hi Pete

Can you enter me please.

Open,   2.4,   BMFA 073473

Thanks

Colin P

• Like 1

EssexBOF

Parking will not be as restrictive as first thought,  as Dave Bishop the owner has said there is no problem with parking on the track where you see my car parked in the pictures above.. There is no gun club operating on the days Pete has arranged comps on. The flying area is quite wet still, due to the rain on Wednesday, so water proof shoes, would be advisable, but it may dry out more from when I was there yesterday. We have a good relationship with Dave Bishop so  please do not drive on grass areas.

Those who might have need of the toilet facility's at the nursery, opposite the entrance to the site, this has changed as they have expanded it, so entry is not where it was. You have to park around to the right as you go in and go through the shop and enter restaurant at the back.

Weather looks very good for the day.

• Like 2

Mr_SMO

Perfect weather, perfect company, as always, but my magic had to end up a tree. Discovered that the problem was the crimp, that held the Kevlar thread that looped around the elevator horn hadn't been compressed enough, and after many flights, finally let the thread slip through. The spring kept the elevator in the up position. Very annoying to say the least. 

Never mind, other than that, a great day, and my thanks to Peter for the loan of an Altis.

• Sad 1

Kikapu

No problem, Simon.  I have to say I did wonder whether my Altis was stuck up a tree, for a while, till I learned that you'd installed it in your Solius.
Pleased you've discovered the cause of the problem.  A drop of super glue on the crimp will stop that happening again.

What a glorious day Peter M arranged for us.

• Like 1

Eamon

Some pictures from yesterday.

Thanks to everyone that helped set up the comp, especially Pete Mitchell.

It was another excellent day and the weather did not fail to impress, unlike my score 😞

Video to follow shortly....

Regards

Eamon

• Like 1

Nick Jackson

Great comp and as ever many thanks to Pete for organising and running it with such efficiency and good humour.

Quick report on the (apparent) problems with my new RC Multi 3 height limiters which I was moaning about during the comp. One was cured on the field by following Colin Paddon's recommendation to increase both end points on the throttle to >100%. The other turns out to have been caused by my own stupidity in not getting the connection between the ESC and height limiter pushed home fully.  Eddy did genuinely have an RC Multi 3 pack up on him in practice but there's nothing in my hassles yesterday to suggest this was any more than a one-off which could happen to any make and model of limiter.   Just wanted to set the record straight in case anyone was foolish enough to pay any attention to my whingeing and be put off the Multi 3.

• Like 1

Eamon

Video as promised.  Sorry if these get boring, just love editing the footage from the field.

Eamon

• Like 2

Kikapu

Excellent Eamon.  You made a wonderful job of putting that together.

Peter L 

• Like 1

CJS

A most enjoyable day Sunday, despite not being able to fly, well organised, ecxcelent weather and the best of company!  My appologies to all for not doin my bit on timeing, I had fully intended to  be involved, my body had other ideas . . . ?   Hopfully next time will be better?

I have maintenance work to do no both of my Kappas, intended to do it today . . . been asleep on and off all day, very frustrating!!!

. . . ??? down to the 'man and dog cave', see what I can get done this evening?

When and wher is the next comp North side of the Daftford tunnel?

Cj

EssexBOF

Hard to believe how far these events have grown, both in entry's and sophistication on the scoring/running  of them has changed, since those early days 10 years ago. A big thanks goes to Pete Mitchell who took up the cause and kept them running and advanced the rules so as to encourage those of F3j interests, to take up electric form of competition gliding. A mention of Tony Merritt also would not go amiss, in promoting this form of competition at Ipswich Club.

Finally a big vote of thanks to our benefactor, Dave Bishop on his support of the sport in allowing his land to be used for our club and holding comps  on the site, as we have done in the past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PeteMitchell

Apologies for the delay in posting these results, needed to recover after Sunday, and life got in the way after that.

For once deciding to put back the comp date because of the weather really worked for us. Not only did we have light winds and sun, but we were able to get on to the EQFA new flying field at Bartletts.

The brilliant sun all day did not give clear blue skies as visibility was decidedly tricky at times. Models at extreme height and or far distance were sometimes very hard to see, at least they were for me. But every one experienced good lift at least once during the day, some a lot more often than others as can be seen in results below.

I decided that it would be a good idea to fly my new Plus F5J model in its first comp. Turned out to be not a good idea, do you know what boom flex is? I do🙁

Apart from that it flew well despite my results😀.

Congratulations to the winners, and my thanks to all who helped on the day., and for all the kind words.

To save time preparing results to place here on the forum,I have tried a different presentation of the round scores in the attached pdf.

Please let me know if it works for you, or not.

Looking forward now to the next one at Bartletts which is scheduled for the 10th June

BARCS-ELG Bartletts League R1a - Flight Scores - Duration.pdf

2018-05-08 a19_39_12-Print preview.png

• Like 1

Mike Connell

I had a great day on Sunday and thanks to Pete and his helpers for their efforts.  It was nearly a disaster for me as my Altis V4 did not record a height reading. In fact all three were at fault. Brian came to the rescue with a spare unit he had.

The Altis V4 was on version 4.1.2 and a few days before, I checked I had the latest software. The Altis flight manager suggested I should update to version 4.2.  When I tested at my club site after a flight I got a reading of 004.8M. I checked on my computer and all the settings were correct.

Then I had a flight at the competition and got a reading of 004.8M

Brians logger came to rescue.

I have since un-installed the flight manager and reinstalled and gone back to version 4.1.2.  Aerobtec requested a zip file but it had been deleted. They requested more data.

I would suggest if you update you check the logger works O.K.

Mike

Mr_SMO

Just in case anyone would like to know, just been out and flown the magic after repairing it from Sunday's sojourn in the trees. Probably flies as well now as it did before.

My thanks to Paul and John for helping me get it out, and to Peter, for another greatly organised comp.