Bfreak

Hello from Frome!

Bfreak

HI all! 

I'm a long time RC hobbyist, who gave it up a few years ago. I have flown and built powered gliders, racing quads, micro quads, and DLG.

I stopped about a year ago to focus on my new hobby; paragliding. However, quite often when waiting for good conditions, I chat with modellers flying on the hill, and have decided to get back into to DLG, as it was the most fun. Also, it has an interesting application for paragliding: I could throw up the DLG, and scout for thermals for my friends waiting to footlaunch their paragliders! I could let them know I have found some lift, land, and give way for them to launch. Its also a good way to kill time waiting on the hill.

with regards to DLG, I have never been in any way competetive, or even flown with other DLG pilots. I have only ever bought cheapo models from hobbyking, and either crashed them or had some issues resulting my lack of patience and attention to detail while building. 

For that reason, this time I am going to hunt down a 2nd hand high-end DLG, so I can just take up the flying again immediately, and not have to worry about building. 

So, the most important part of this post: if you are selling a ready to fly DLG, within 1 hour drive of Frome, or are willing to meet me within a 1 hour drive from Frome, please message me! Id be happy to take something with minor dings, but nothing that needs any repairs to be flyable. I can spend about 250-350, so nothing stupidly high end. 

Thanks! :)

Witch_1

It would be worth putting a brief post in the Sale/Wanted section. 

If you fancy some friendly model flying this summer, check out the monthly fly-in dates on the White Sheet Radio Flying Club website.

Bfreak
1 minute ago, Witch_1 said:

It would be worth putting a brief post in the Sale/Wanted section. 

If you fancy some friendly model flying this summer, check out the monthly fly-in dates on the White Sheet Radio Flying Club website.

Many thanks! Waiting for my post count to get to a high enough level.

Will do!

• Like 1

PaulR

Hi, thought I'd say hello since I'm in Frome too.

I've gone a similar route to you and have a used model (XXLite) that I'm getting to grips with.

I've currently got a few repairs to sort out on it but once its flying, if you manage to find yourself a model then perhaps we could meet up some time. Is it Westbury you are usually flying at?

Bfreak

Hi mate. Yes, usually flying Westbury or Mere. 

See you on the hill some time, I'll be the the guy under the orange and blue paraglider, or with the DLG!