pete beadle

Hacker A20 6xl with 4.4:1 gearbox on a go slow!

pete beadle

Hi all

I'm hoping someone can point me towards something/anything that will help me cure the lack of power I'm experiencing currently from/with my Hacker A20 motor

It's a recent problem, the motor has been behaving itself up 'til this year and suddenly I just don't seem to be able to get full throttle

I've re-set the throttle twice, as per the instructions on the ESC, I've changed the ESC twice, once using a 40 amp ESC and once a 60 amp

It's odd, whereas last year the throttle was progressive and ran up to a very pleasing howl, this year it seems/appears to hit a rev-limiter at half - 2/3rds throttle and just refuses to rev further. I haven't taken it to pieces, I haven't changed the prop, or the 1800 LIPo I use with it, I  haven't changed Tx's, I haven't crashed it, it hasn't been running rough before the go-slow.....I just can't think of anything else to check or change........any ideas what I should do next?

I'd appreciate any input that's out there.......

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

natxopedreira

Did you try with another lipo, have an experience where one of the cells... died suddenly without reason

PeteMitchell
3 minutes ago, natxopedreira said:

have an experience where one of the cells... died suddenly without reason

This sound like the most likely cause of this problem.

If your lipo is a year or two old, if it's 'C' rating is low , or not balancing the pack correctly when re charging are  things that can cause a cell to develop a higher internal resistance  with use as the pack ages.

Your motor  is still trying to pull max current, but the internal resistance stops this and the pack voltage collapses. Not sure if that's a correct tech explanation, but the result is less volts to the motor which means lower revs.

kevb

I have had the pinion come loose on the motor shaft before. Is there any play between the prop and motor. Usealy they stop totaly and you get no drive but may be just turning a little.

pete beadle

Hi all

I  tried a new 1800  high current discharge lipo at the weekend, no improvement

No play on the motor shaft

The thing is that it's as if the motor is getting to half throttle and refusing to go further, just as if there's a rev limiter cutting in.......weird!

Any other ideas chaps?

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

SilentPilot

Have you checked the monitor screen on the transmitter to make sure it is actually giving 100% throttle? 

Tony 

pete beadle

Hi Tony

Yes, the screen confirms full range

The thing that troubles me most, however, is that I'm still unable to find out why this apparent lack of power only seems to occur (just after half throttle), so consistently

OK, I have changed the ESC's twice I still haven't been able to rule out a programming problem or fault on both, or either,maybe I ought to try a third alternative ESC, a 60 amp this time......yes, I'll try that........

This is REALLY annoying me now!

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

rwhitt

Have you tried it on another model or make a new model on the transmitter, possibly the model memory has been corrupted?....just a thought :)

pete beadle

Hi Russell

Problem is this model is on the same memory it was last year when it was working perfectly.....

I'll give it a go though, at least it'll make me check every input /offset and mix.......thanks for the suggestion......

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702