Sign in to follow this  
Darren_O

Old girl on 35

Darren_O

Just got this ready for flight again using an old Futaba FF6. Credit to the builder it's lovely. 

IMG_20180516_152919714.jpg

IMG_20180514_214541681.jpg

satinet

Nice.  Sagitta?

Darren_O

In one , well spotted.  Not sure what they fly like but the workmanship is something else. Saving this for sunny days only.

pete beadle

Hi Darren

Yes, available in 600,900 and XL/XC versions these planes are a treat to fly.....BTW the name means "Arrow" in Native American

REAL builders models, every cross-sectional size to the ABSOLUTE minimum........to my knowledge NEVER been fitted with a motor.......F3J/F3B (yes F3B!) for purists

I'm envious, mine was mid-aired by a foamie wing ........so, don't just worry about windy days!:(

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

mikef
8 hours ago, pete beadle said:

.....the name means "Arrow" in Native American  ............

Coincidence?  Sagitta is also the Latin for arrow.  Perhaps the Romans visited America?  Sagittarius (the archer) and Sagitta (the arrow) are two constellations visible in the night sky.

• Like 2

timboiow

Looks luuuuuvily, can picture her floating through blue sunny skies......(of course this is distracting me from work, so just a couple more minutes thinking about this :-) ) Top build, if you are planning to build the XC to go with it, you'd best give "the balsa cabin" plenty of notice to get the stock in !

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi Timboiow

One of my ISA clubmates, Pete Stevens,  competed with an XC in South Africa, back when Pontius was a pilot, and he used the adjective properly by saying it was "awesome"

MikeF you are probably right, I was referring back to the build in RCM&E (or was it Radio Muddler).............. when I  was a contributor for a while, and I'm pretty sure it was Pete Thomas who did the build, he detailed the wing with an arrow and, as it was an American design, I jumped to a conclusion, naughty me........:(

I understand the Romans didn't get to the "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" before it became the LotFHotB but the Vikings definitely did, and they had contact with the Romans but it's more likely I added 2 and 2 and made 5, my apologies, especially to Graham (Favonius) Woods, who'll probably put me straight the next time we meet at Ivinghoe😀

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

timboiow

The plans for the XC are on "outerzone" and it is great to look at that and think of the mortgage required to get her covered....remember Robin Sleight having an XC at Interglide 88 or  90 (warwick) and was amazed at the size of the beast. Now all I need to do is work out how I can print the plans off on the office printer and how many sheets of A3 its going to take.....:-)

satinet

And sellotape.

Lazer cut rib sets for a lot of these classics are available on eBay as are many of the plans. Certainly both for the sagitta 900 last time i looked.