BMFA- F5J League 2018 FINAL RESULTS

PeteMitchell

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

The Gliderscore report showing the final league results for the year is too large to display as previously, so please download the attached pdf to see all the counting results.

As can be seen, it was a closely contested season and congratulations go to

1st. Peter Allen

2nd.Steve Haley

3rd.Colin Paddon

BARCS-BMFA F5J 018 League.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• PeteMitchell pinned this topic
  • Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Latest league result now posted in first post.

• Like 1

• Committee Member

League results again updated to include all events run so far, but with one exception.

The comps run at The Wetlands this season have been plagued with bad weather and sadly only one  event was actually run.

The result of this comp has been published on the esoaring forum, But subsequent to this, the organisers laptop died taking with it the gliderscore programme and  data for this comp.

I am attempting to reconstruct the scores so that it can be included later in the league.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Bob Dickenson

Hello Pete, I know I didn't do very well this year, but I don't appear to have a score at all.

Ah well, I have now highlighted how rubbish I was.

Bob

Hi Pete

Shouldn't the results from the team trials be included? They were two individual competitions and run to F5J rules so would qualify as league comps.

Peter

• Committee Member
On 16/10/2018 at 16:01, Bob Dickenson said:

Hello Pete, I know I didn't do very well this year, but I don't appear to have a score at all.

Ah well, I have now highlighted how rubbish I was.

Bob

Sorry Bob, I did not notice that. Its corrected now.

It don't help much but this was the reason for your scores being 'lost'

The  Gliderscore database has room for lots of info.  most of it we don't usually use. When I receive  a new comp file, it is loaded into Gliderscore, and the programme automatically updates my records to include what has been received. The only check I can make when updating files is to ensure that I do not have duplicate pilot entries.

One bit of data that can be recorded, but not usually is, is the pilots country of origin.  This info. is only necessary if you need to separate non UK pilots in any reports or results. 

Your entry did not have your country recorded, and when I ran the league report I restrict the results to UK pilots only. Unfortunately you were in a bunch of 12 un- listed pilots that were not included.

I live and learn🙄

• Committee Member
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Hi Pete

Shouldn't the results from the team trials be included? They were two individual competitions and run to F5J rules so would qualify as league comps.

Peter

Could well be Peter, I will find out.

That would mean 3 comps still to be added to the list of results as I wont finish the list until the Tonbridge comp is run on the 28th.

Hi Pete,

Did you not manage to sort out the Northern league 1 at wetlands scores......as these appear to be missing. 

Thanks

Steve

• Committee Member

Sorry Steve, but no. 

As said earlier, the comp was run on Mike P's laptop which died taking all the data with it.

Also it was subsequently found that all the paperwork from the comp (score cards etc)  were missing, so there was no way I could reconstruct the comp which I needed to do to get it into Gliderscore. I know Mike has searched for the paperwork  but without success.😞

Hi Pete,

We do have the overall round scores that were published from league 1 so why can’t we manually input these values into a spread sheet along with the current scores.

I do accept your final decision Pete if the individual slot scores are needed to verify the competition legitimacy.....but it does seem a little unfair on the pilots who competed, not to have these results included in the national league.

Cheers, Steve

• Committee Member

Steve I fully understand the frustration, and it is very unfortunate.

Without going into all the other ins and outs (and there are quite a few)  it should be understood that I only agreed to continue to collate F5J scores this year ( I volunteered  last year to help out in a difficult situation) on the understanding that Gliderscore would be used for all comps which  mean't that the score results averaging as required by BMFA  was also not possible.

As you say, if an xcell spreadsheet system was used to collate all the results, these missing results could probably have been included even though they were scored to only 1 decimal place, and all the others were scored to 2 decimals. But to do that in retrospect is all a bit too much work and beyond me but if some one else wants to do it I can provide an xcell .csv of the results so far.

• PeteMitchell unpinned this topic