mikef

BMFA F3K League Saturday 9th June 2018 Malvern

mikef

BMFA F3K League 9th June 2018 Malvern.  at the Malvern Soaring Association field in Upton on Severn.

PM me to enter with name, freq and BMFA number.  Deadline for entries 1800 Friday 8th June.  Check back here before travelling in case of a last minute cancellation

BMFA membership required.  £10 on the day entry fee .  As always, first time competition pilots very welcome. Please arrive by 0930 latest for the first round to start at 1000.

Directions to the field here.

Some bonus directions as a few people have found it tricky previously: Google Maps satellite image view shows it very clearly. Exit the A4104 onto E(ast) Waterside. Drive to the end and turn right, heading back under the A4104 into the field. You'll end up driving along the Severn way pretty much. Please stick to driving along the track on the edge of the field. We'll park up about where the tent is on the Google maps image (shown as of 30/5/17). 

The gate under the bridge will be open from about 0900-0945 for competitors to drive onto the field.  Then it will be locked again.  It can be opened again during the day if competitors need to drive in and out. Spectators are welcome, but unless they want to stay all day like competitors,  will need to park on the right along the slip road just off the main road.  The parking here is obvious and used by locals who come to walk the footpath around the field. Our club hosts are sensitive about vehicle access to the field, and we will be too busy flying, timing and running a comp (or at least trying to) to be back and forward all day to the gate.

Let me know if you have any questions.

image.png.e9ee43639190f6b6ed475f87caa3e187.png

Neil Harrison

Yes please Mike, I’m in

Paul Gleeson

Me too

127979 2.4ghz

i_am_mark_evans

Ok, this could be my 2nd attempt (well first seeing as I couldn't fly last time) at a comp since it's local.

As much as I kinda know the tasks from watching live videos from Thomas and Nick, I don't at all practice them so still kinda don't really know what I'm doing. Add to that my launches are low and I suck at being a helper/timer makes me nervous. Will there still be people around to help me out? I'm just worried more about getting in anyones way or being a terrible timer,  I remember how nervous I was last time when I had to time for Richard I totally messed up my countdowns because of it, I must have looked like a right idiot haha (sorry Richard). 

Even if I enter and feel totally out of my depth and quit after 1 round I still enjoy watching and will time for you guys as I still learnt a fair bit just doing that last time. 

I need to renew my BMFA insurance so won't enter just yet until it's all done.

Paul Gleeson

Mark, don't worry about it. I've only had 2 competitions, and the DLG try & fly session.

Honestly, you don't really need to understand the tasks in detail, and the tactics involved. The (very friendly) timers will assist. Launch when they say, stay in the air as long as you can, or until the timer says to land and launch again.

The tasks are known before the rounds start, so there is time to understand each one in turn.

I'm very happy to buddy up with you in the rounds we don't fly together in. A bit like the partially sighted leading the blind 🙂

I my target is to have fun, and improve my flying. Not coming last is a bonus.

Get the insurance renewed and come along

Paul G

i_am_mark_evans

I’ll get signed back up tonight and put my entry in tomorrow 😃

thechalster

Mike

I up for it.  Please put me on the list.

Mike c

lorrygreen

Lorry on 2.4, 47322 please.

MikeDLG

I’ll be there.  2.4 136270

Simon B

Me too, thanks. 2.4, 185231🌞

i_am_mark_evans

Ok I'm in

Mark Evans, 2.4, 200176

Richardc

I can not make this one Mike. Annual hols. 

Crasher

Hi Please put me down for comp next Sat 9th

Bmfa No 076153

Thanks

thechalster

Crashers

AKA

Paul “the crasher” Carrington 

mikef

Entry list amended to clarify who 'the crasher' is - thanks.

i_am_mark_evans

On Saturday morning before it kicks off would there be anyone willing to stand with me to see how they think my plane is trimmed, and more importantly if it's pitching up quick enough on launch?. I've always flown dlg alone so bit nervous having to launch in a group. 

Also gone and hurt my arm with launch practice, barely hitting 40m on a good throw before I hurt myself. 

PaulR

So looks like I'm going to take the plunge and try my first comp.

I'm fully expecting to come last and just hope I manage to keep my model in one piece between now and Saturday (and on Saturday too!)

The number of Pauls is now rivaling the number of Mikes...

Paul Robinson, 2.4, 184146

• Like 1

Paul Gleeson
3 hours ago, i_am_mark_evans said:

On Saturday morning before it kicks off would there be anyone willing to stand with me to see how they think my plane is trimmed, and more importantly if it's pitching up quick enough on launch?. I've always flown dlg alone so bit nervous having to launch in a group. 

Also gone and hurt my arm with launch practice, barely hitting 40m on a good throw before I hurt myself. 

Sure I can be there. I’m staying nearby so can get there earlier. 

40m is ok but you should not be hurting yourself

Paul G

i_am_mark_evans

Thanks Paul, appreciate it. 

thechalster

Hey I barely made it past 35m in my first years competition.  I am still a low launcher which make good results all the sweeter 😀.

• Like 1