3rd 2018 2M Hi Start 14 day Duration Challenge

martynk

A placeholder for the 3rd 2m Hi-Start 14 day duration Challenge for 2018

Please submit your score below. The clock will start when the first score is submitted.

This is a for fun challenge, anyone with a bungee-launched glider up to 2 metres wingspan and the standard Hi-Start can post a time.

Object: Fly your 2 metre glider for as long as possible from a flat field, the person who's time is unbeaten for 14 days 'wins' and a new challenge starts.

Rules: Launches must be made from the standard Challenge Hi-Start bungee. Flight times begin when line releases from the towhook and the model must land in the field for times to count. While the object is to encourage F3-RES types, any model up to 2 metre span may be flown (F3-RES, foam, full house aileron mouldie) but please state the type of model with your time.

The standard Hi-Start bungee is amaximum of 10m of 6/4mm surgical tubing and 50m of static line (minimum 30lb breaking strain). Lighter/smaller bungees may be used.

Fly safely! No slope soaring.

Superb morning but one monster flight. I had already broken my bungee twice due to thistles so the last flight launch was only half-hearted. Went away in a huge bump and had to fetch it back after about 8 minutes as it was at the limit of my eyesight. Managed to find 3 more lesser thermals but the last leg back was in a huge hole. Nonetheless, still got a 31:47. Very satisfying. 

So to kick off this Challenge

image.png.cee23ab114a1aaa87dd6ed1f928879c6.png

DSC_0476.thumb.JPG.99173d1ddefec45c810056e352795ed5.JPG

DSC_0477.thumb.JPG.dff0e5ddef48882a96398128ae538bc1.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Martyn,

Events have sadly conspired against me - I haven't been able to get out, and this afternoon I am off to Brussels, and not returning for two weeks. Hopefully someone else will challenge you for this Challenge, and I'll get back into it for the 4th challenge...!

Rgds.,
Paul

19 hours ago, SilentPilot said:

I’ve got my trusty Radian ready again!!!

Tony

Yaay.. Gets some scores in Tony

• Like 1

Looks like I won this one.. I'll update the league table and post and start a new Challenge posting

• Like 1