Hugh Graves

Elita by Jaro Muller

Hugh Graves

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a Elita that is in really quite good condition. I have a question though that I hope someone here will be able to answer.

This plane has an all moving tail that rotates around a central carbon rod that is bushed through the fin. I can just see through the small round hole in the base of the fin spar  the fork clevis attached to what i assume is a 90 deg control arm that would also rotate about the same carbon rod bushing.

Now, the other end of this 90 deg control arm should also be visable through the radiused slots in the fin that contol the pitch of the tail plane.

My problem is i cannot see the other end of this control arm . When I move the servo back and forth, there is no sign of this, therefore there is no way of attaching and controlling the pitch of the tail.

Being fully moulded carbon all of this is enclosed. 

Does anyone out there know if what i have described above is actually how it is meant to work or has Jaro designed some other fancy way of connecting the pitch control to the tail planes??

thanks, Hugh

image.thumb.jpeg.3dc1178ef11c0a8a33bd6c6d47460f0c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fd4087cbf57a5145e3cff76632192caa.jpeg

isoaritfirst

Hold it with the tail fin inverted and shake. 

The small pushrod is free to move around in the fun so you have to wagglevit a little until it’s eyelet appears in view

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi Hugh

And don't forget, after you've shaken the bellcrank hole into sight, put a spare tailplane joiner wire through it, and tape it in place either side of the fin so you don't have to faff around doing it again.........:thumbsup::)

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

oipigface

I've made up a little carbon fibre keeper to keep a similar bellcrank in place in my Raptor. It's just a carbon fibre rod about an inch long, with a small piece of CF tube glued to one end. Fit it through the bellcrank and another piece of tube (good tight fit) slips over to hold it in place. Much hangar rash can be caused by long unprotected bits of wire.

• Like 1

Hugh Graves

Gents, thank you for your response problem now solved;-)

kind regards Hugh

pete beadle

Hi all

I've always wondered why Jaro used this system

A couple of other manufacturers/designers do the same, my "new" Pike Perfect has it, and it has always intrigued me as to WHY they think this system is better......

Anyone know what the advantage(s) are to this setup?

Personally, I'm always annoyed to have to do the "fix" because, to me anyway it seems unnecessary......

OK guys, educate me:):rolleyes:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

satinet

i think the idea is to reduce the slop when you are pulling for up and to reduce the length of the arm so that you don't need a huge servo arm.

• Like 1

Hugh Graves

Still working at tidying up this Elita but having fixed the issue of the missing pitch control i've noticed that there is a lot of internal friction with this control run! There is no sign of slack which is a good thing but I'm concerned this will take a lot of the feel out of this axis? The carbon push rod appears to be free just aft of the wings trailing edge so the source is further down towards the tail which is completely inaccessible. 

Anyone else had this problem or can suggest a solution?

thanks again guys, Hugh

isoaritfirst

I do remember a friend cutting a service hatch into the bottom of the fuselage. 

May be easier to remove the fin post 

• Like 1