2018 F3F World Champs

Andy_B

The livestream is not now live. It looks like it is taking about 2 hours a round, so I guess they started about 08.30 UK time or 09.30 CET.

• Like 1

Started just after 9. Just finished R2. GBR in 8th. Joel 13th, Rich 30th, Greg 42nd.

I don’t know why the livestream has stopped. They put the second camera in place, so perhaps they are plugging it in to the system.

Screenshot_20181008-163145.thumb.png.8ea2b38ec42f7a6d0c14e9e28147cc9c.png

I managed to grab a screenshot after 3 rounds, the results page is quite intermittant. They are just finishing round 4 and the air seems to be getting steadily lighter as the round progresses.

The live feed got quite good for a while with sound and panning to follow the model.

• Like 1

Well, this evening at 8pm BST (9pm here) you can see John and Erik's roundup of the day in Rugen. The management have been spending all their time fiddling about with cameras and wires and bits of code and such like, so that planning for this livestream has been (no, I mean 'will be') minimal. Still, Erik and I intend to do as good a job as possible under the circumstances. There may also be live commentary along with the livestream tomorrow morning. From what time I can't tell you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bet you are wondering what happened to the livestream? Well we were due to begin at 9 after a 45 minute discussion of content. I had already sketched some content in the couple of hours after the comp, and someone ( I forget who) arranged an interview with Brandon Monte, who was dead keen. Erik didn't appear until about 5 to 9. I asked who were the top three on the leader board, and he said he didn't know. "How are we supposed to do a show about today at the World Champs without knowing who is in the lead?", I asked. Cue about ten minutes of frantic phone calls. Then Erik looks at my little script, and starts writing one of his own almost identical, but rearranged a bit. It was probably less than quarter of an hour, so ten minutes and a bit  of Brandon Monte and a weather forecast would have made a reasonable half hour show. But no. "We'll do that tomorrow", he says.

I closed the lid of my computer (rather noisily) and walked off. "I'm out", I said. That was at 9:15. I don't know what, if anything, actually appeared on the livestream. Neither do I care any more.

It's been several months since I was first asked to do this, and since I agreed I have had nothing but stonewalling and insults from the people who are supposed to be organising it. The whole thing has turned out to be a shambles but it's not my shambles.

Sorry chaps.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

does all seem a bit none German doesnt it John........all a bit hit and miss ..................at least you tried 

• Like 2

I've seen that interview with Brandon  and the German organizer  tonight, I nearly fell asleep. 

The live streaming part is very poor,can't see much of the course. 

Could better on my mobile phone and live stream it to Utube. 

I feel for you John especially when they asked you such a long time ago.

• Like 1

All least when they asked you gave it a shot and tried to support. It's a shame because you would have done a great job of it. Enjoy your holiday now and see you when you get back. 

I know there trying hard but jezzzz   its not rocket science to point a camera away from the sun    and be able to see something other than the odd plane above the grass 

• Like 1