Andy_B

2018 F3F World Champs

isoaritfirst
16 minutes ago, Tone-the-glider said:

I have still got that Aris

That Aris has no luck at all. 

29 minutes ago, f3fisa said:

He was then seen having a shower with his Aris.

David.

Maybe its better to be lucky in love. 

😚

fpljohn

Well the competition is running well if not the wind

Organisers are doing a good Job in the current condions, been hard work for them and the pilots but this is good for the best F3F people

a real test for the fliers on these slopes with the wind today, a bit to crossed at times and this proved so. Tomorrow is looking much the same but should inprove as the day moves on, probably have to move slope at some point in the day so fun fun fun

jp 

• Like 5

Les
4 minutes ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

If you want to have lots of useless information which you will not understand anyway (it's in german) visit the F3F Swiss VBlog

https://www.youtube.com/user/mfvsz/videos

Cheers

Stefan ask them to do the live steam from his camera,much clearer and far better quality. 

Mark P

The German organisers are making a very good job of running the competition in some difficult and unexpected conditions. The Livestream has not been as successful as they had hoped but they should be applauded for trying to push the envelope rather than derided for not quite getting it right. They continue to work on improving the quality of the offering.

The conditions on the Turbulator were perfectly legal today. The windspeed was averaging 6 m/s and although the wind direction was not directly on the slope it was legal and constant. The crash was caused by pilot error, two pilots had previously flown successfully. Comments like the wind was 44.5 degrees off the slope are not helpful and not accurate.

The Turbulator is a very low slope and ideally needs significantly more than the minimum legal wind speed to work properly. Calling off the flying was a sensible decision bearing in mind the cost of getting it wrong.

Mark Passingham

Team Manager

• Like 1

Redbird
50 minutes ago, Les said:

Stefan ask them to do the live steam from his camera,much clearer and far better quality. 

Might not help cos I'm pretty sure that the problem is not in collecting all the coloured dots but transmitting them live.

oipigface
2 hours ago, Mark P said:

Comments like the wind was 44.5 degrees off the slope are not helpful and not accurate.

44.5 degrees is perfectly legal. I agree that it is not accurate. It was a deliberate understatement.

jwest532

Anyway

Just to let you know that the pilots and team are in good spirits. Rugan is a lovely place and the banter on the hill/cliffs has been epic. Conditions have been challenging for the pilots and organises however we are all hoping for better later in the week. I’ll keep you posted 😎

Regards

Joel

• Like 7

simon_t
31 minutes ago, jwest532 said:

Anyway

Just to let you know that the pilots and team are in good spirits. Rugan is a lovely place and the banter on the hill/cliffs has been epic. Conditions have been challenging for the pilots and organises however we are all hoping for better later in the week. I’ll keep you posted 😎

Regards

Joel

Excellent - it’s a long game and conditions are clearly tough for all.  As you say Ruegen is a magical place, with great sights and lovely food (bet Greg is enjoying it.  Looks like you willl back on the southerly slopes today - have fun and hope you get a good breeze.

All the team flying I have seen so far looks great, but with the variability there you don’t always get rewarded.  In particular Rich look like he was enjoying attacking the slopes, with some great pumps.  Greg was smooth and accurate, and Joel’s occasional invert and pulls always look exciting on low slopes.

Enjoy - we are all rooting for you here!

Simon

• Like 4

isoaritfirst

Great to here that spirits are high Joel. 

Quality flying so far by all the team. 

All the best of luck for the rest of the week. 

• Like 1

Gromit

Well done guys on your achievements thus far in the competition 👍 

Thank you for your forum posts, its good to hear you are enjoying the comp. 

Wishing you all a successful day today , 'GO' team GB 👍

Stu. 

oipigface

I’ll second the comments by others about the quality of the British team’s flying. Conditions have been light so far, which will  give more of an advantage to pilots more familiar with the slopes.

I should add that John’s launching has been consistently good, and Mark’s support meticulously organised and good humoured. In fact, spirits in the British camp are high.

• Like 2

Andy_B

so the burning question John is ............will the 2nd group of Rd6 start with Brandon Monte   or Markus Meissner ......😲

Now the jury have agreed to re fly it 

oipigface
7 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

so the burning question John is ............will the 2nd group of Rd6 start with Brandon Monte   or Markus Meissner ......😲

Now the jury have agreed to re fly it 

BiIk

• Haha 1

Andy_B
2 minutes ago, oipigface said:

BiIk

thats made me smile 

oipigface

I don’t think there’s any action yet. Unless you count me doing my washing as action. They are gathered at the Vitt slope.

f3fisa

Livestream just started again 3 minutes ago, with split screen and audio. Things are getting better.

Andy_B

and the live timing is working aswell 

Tone-the-glider
On 08/10/2018 at 11:44, oipigface said:

Doesn’t work on iPhone.

Where can I find the latests scores?

F3F vault is only showing uncompleted round 6

fpljohn

Still not completed round six

got second group in and then wind dropped again, Richie had a good run in the group that run 😀

We managed a good session with the Alulas though, and quick go with the Ahi

jp

• Like 2