2018 F3K Eurochamps Martin, Slovakia.

mikef

Carlos, Gavin and me are at Heathrow, waiting to fly to Vienna then drive to Martin.

We'll do what we can to keep you updated but I don't know what comms will be like at the field.  In any case, don't expect a MikeDLG standard of service - bar set too high.

Team GBR now installed in Hotel, fed,  and watched England v. Columbia on irritatingly intermittent internet link.  Caught all the important action and saw the coup de grace  in the shoot-out.  We are through!  Team lifted and well supplied with the local medicine.  Now to rest and a new tomorrow.

PS we are 'through' in the football. World Cup for the non-followers of that game.

A happy cloud and gull in lift over the town.

And

Gavin at base camp, Aero Club Martin.  An F5J flyer is on the field and Carlos, with F3K is under the right wing of the Bergfalke.

A local pulled out our sign specially - no other teams here yet....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks awesome!  And you have a tree and what looks like a well in camp! 😀   

Nice to get some practice in while it's quiet.  Caution the boys about mid air risk during the busy practice times.  I found i was spending about 1 min looking around for a 'launch window' as the air was so busy!  

I really hope the guys don't have any mechanicals - I just realised that I built most the gliders they have there... 😬

Thanks for the updates MikeF, looks like a lovely spot, nice to be there before it gets hectic,  have a good go boys.🌞

Practice day before the warm up event.  The CD provided a shelter for us.  Just done a couple of timed slots of 1,2,3,4 with Carlos.  Taking a break, then Gavin's turn.

image.jpeg

Now I know what it is like not being at a champs - waiting for every scrap of information!  Looks a lot busier today...

GBR has put up more flights than anyone else.  We have often been the only people out on the field, and I think six is the most models I've counted at one time.

Gav grinding down Taranis sticks! The new radio has these mad spikey tips, making fine movement a tad uncomfortable...

1530792429958944585177.jpg

1530792462255-440816034.jpg

Next time I go to a champs, I'm gonna try post way more  often.  I keep hitting refresh and the no events have even started!

Stick transformation complete.  A true team effort - all were hands on at one point or another.

Job speeded up when Carlos borrowed a cordless drill from the CD to make a 'lathe'.   Held a file against the spinning stick-top followed by wet and dry paper.  TX handles much better for Gavin now.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Interesting - scheduling the fly-offs after two rounds on Friday.   That is tough.   Depending on how it goes, I guess it may end up on the reserve day, Saturday.