2018 F3K Eurochamps Martin, Slovakia.

mikef

25 minutes ago, cirrusRC said:

Why were there more competitors in the warm up vs main comp?  Fred and Pierre missing.

Because the warm up is just a normal (eurotour possibly) comp, so anyone can enter, unlike the EC, which is country teams only.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MikeDLG said:

Because the warm up is just a normal (eurotour possibly) comp, so anyone can enter, unlike the EC, which is country teams only.

It’s a World Cup event I believe and included juniors and many team managers/helpers + Hungary whom I didn’t realise were not staying for the EC.

• Thanks 1

Richard Swindells

Well done Gavin and Carlos. Enjoy the carnage later in the competition when the flyoff hopefuls can make mistakes. 

My biggest mistake last year was giving up when I thought the flyoff was impossible... Whereas it was doable if I had kept fighting

5 minutes ago, PeterT said:

Mike (Fantham), is Per Findahl the same chap who flies F1A  (from Sweden)?

Peter

He sure is.

(Other) Mike

Cheers Richard. 

Conditions looking positive so far, so as per usual, we'll give it our best shot again today.

Round 5: 5x2.00

I had some bad turnarounds and got caught on the edge of the box having to reposition for the next launch, dropping 14s total

Carlos had good turnarounds but dropped 13s on a flight, dropping 17s total

F4EE61CD-D9D5-466C-A6E7-2C1E70C10DAE.jpeg

• Like 1

Round 6: big ladder

slightly tricky conditions! Small light thermals. Had a good save to get my 3 from low down, almost on the 2.30, but chickened out low downwind.

carlos: I had tricky air too. Managed to find the 2:30 lift on way back with a tad of hard work. Nailed all turnarounds  to only drop 6 - but, (always a bloody but) lift for 3 min was super slight with miniature core. 3 mid airs. Lift vanished and I fell out. 2:12! ****. Only 2 pilots made slot. Grrrr

4B11347F-6816-44B4-AF73-8E403A0C76EC.jpeg

34 minutes ago, MikeDLG said:

Unfortunate Carlos.  You had 3 mid airs, or there were three you saw?  Glider OK?

Decent score Gav.

None of the mid airs were involving Carlos. Gliders all good!

• Like 1

A lot of dropped rounds there!  And only Cedric in the last slot managed 3 x 3min!  Tough conditions.  I think you guys did well considering the launch height a lot of those guys have. 👏

How much ballast are you guys using?

Round 8: last flight 5.00 max

I landed out on a good flight. With little time in the slot only left me with 1.17. Ouch, that will be my drop!

Carlos managed  2.43 in his.

Very difficult conditions!

• Sad 1