XXlite Tail Set

Alex Gow

Hi there,

I have just returned to F3k after a 3 year lay off and having got my Blaster 3 and xxlite out of their storage boxes, it seems that the xxlite has not fared too well and the tail and rudder are damaged.

I may be able to repair the rudder but the tail has had it. I was wondering if anyone had a spare xxlite or similar tail that I could buy please? I am happy to use any other light hinged tail.

Also as I have been out of the game for a few years, I was wondering if anyone could advise me on what is the current best model for f3k? Is Richard still making his excellent dlg's? Or are the NXT or Revolution the go to model?

Thank you

Paul Gleeson

I would also put the Flitz2 in the "good model" category. I think you have to order direct. http://aeromodelis.lt

You can get a split wing option, so it can pack into a 1m case, and the fuselage is also <1m.

I'm very happy with mine.

Good to have you back Alex.  

Pretty much any of the currently available DLGs will do you fine - https://www.superfly.online/shop-8

You can't go wrong with NXT, flitz 2, Vortex3, concept CX 5, Revolution etc.  The NXT for £500 is a bargain, I'd say.

Richard no longer make DLGs- decided he'd rather fly than build! 

Regarding a new XXLite tail, I would recommend contacting Kristof - http://www.compositegliders.com/#Contact and see if he can make you a new one.  It is smaller than most others available.  The vertical is less of an issue to pinch form elsewhere.

I actually have a new tail set in the post on its way from Kristof as we speak. I was after both a horizontal and a vertical too but he doesn't have any of the XXLite verticals anymore and isn't making any more. He's supplied me with a vertical from the Revolution instead so there will be a bit of work required to adapt it but nothing too problematic I hope.  

I'd recommend emailing him rather than using the contact form on the website as it didn't work for me and he told me he'd been having problems with it.

Thank you all for the advice. I have emailed Kristof so hopefully I should hear back soon.

Mike, I'm really looking forward to getting back to chasing thermals, 3 years off was too long. I have taken your advice and gone for a NXT.

Looks like a great model. Thank you

Hi Alex

I have an xxlite with a very damaged wing but from memory the fuselage and tail are not damaged. I will need to check as it’s a couple of years since I looked. 

Let me me know if this would be useful and I will check the condition tomorrow night 

I now have an NXT which I love by the way  

Guy

11 hours ago, GuyB said:

Hi Alex

I have an xxlite with a very damaged wing but from memory the fuselage and tail are not damaged. I will need to check as it’s a couple of years since I looked. 

Let me me know if this would be useful and I will check the condition tomorrow night 

I now have an NXT which I love by the way  

Guy

Yes I would be interested thank you Guy, please let me know the state of it and a price please?

Richard Swindells

Work commitments and children,combined with the fact that other manufacturers can build better and cheaper, means I have made an F3K model for nearly 5 years!

Vortex 3 is my favourite model at the moment, I have 3 of them ! Even though we are spoilt for choice, I'd probably chose another one if I had the spare cash.

I do have an unbuilt cx5, that I'm willing to sell for 550

Thank you Richard, that must have been difficult to enjoy flying whilst adding manufacture on top of home life.

I have just bought a NXT  last night so I'll see how that goes.