F5J - Southern Area - 29th July 2018 -CANCELLED

tonym

Venue is Little Bentley Polo Club, Rectory Road, Essex, CO7 8SN.

Your model must have an approved height limiting/data logging device (AMRT) which must be able to show the max height your model goes to during its motor run time plus 10 seconds after your motor is shut off.

The limiting function must be set to allow maximum 30seconds motor run time, and the height limiting function must either be disabled or set to 300m.
Motor restart is permitted at any time during flight for safety reasons, but will result in a zero score for that round.

Two classes of model can be entered, either Open or 2Metre but only one entry permitted.
Prizes awarded on the day and points scored will go towards the National League.

The competition will be run to BMFA Local Rules, 6 rounds will be flown if conditions permit and there will not be a flyoff.
Entry fee £10.00 (BMFA requirement) payable on the day.
Proof of BMFA membership (card is sufficient) required.

Timing on the day may vary, and all/any help to set up the field will be appreciated.
But the plan is as usual, book in from 9am.  First flight around 10am.

1. Tony Merritt - BMFA 142327 - 2m
  2. Eamon Keating - BMFA 192268 - Open
  3. Peter Ley - BMFA 187230 - Open
  4. Garry Matthews - BMFA 032611 - Open
  5. Brian Austin - BMFA 57851 - Open
  6. Simon Thornton - BMFA 069287 - Open
  7. Graham Wicks - BMFA 052827 - Open
  8. Colin Paddon - BMFA 073473 - Open
  9. Randy Taylor - BMFA 165603 - Open
  10. Simon Conran - BMFA 195226 - 2m
  11. Alan Twine - BMFA 067979 - Open
  12. Steve Knowles - BMFA 70799 - Open
  13. Paul Wainwright - BMFA 047845 - Open
  14. Julian Benz - BMFA 208785 - Open
  15. Peter Mitchell - BMFA 33859 - Open
  16. Kevin Beale - BMFA 40788 - Open

Please post your entries on this thread by 6pm on Saturday 28th July along with your BMFA number and model class

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EssexBOF said:

Seems to be a lack of interest in this event, can it be the heat?

Sunday is forecast to be cooler, Met Office say 23C and lower humidity - might be quite a nice day.

I'll be putting up the marque we use for the F3K Eurotour for mission control, sans side panels so the breeze can cool us. I've pre-booked your place in the shade under it Brian.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tonym said:

Sunday is forecast to be cooler, Met Office say 23C and lower humidity - might be quite a nice day.

I'll be putting up the marque we use for the F3K Eurotour for mission control, sans side panels so the breeze can cool us. I've pre-booked your place in the shade under it Brian.

I'd join you but you would need a bigger marque 🙂

It isn't a monster, something an IRCMC member picked as a £100 bargain

A short video of the F3K Eurotour pilots from May this year. Bloody clever some of these drones, Richard (left most pilot) set it up to take this footage autonomously.

3 hours ago, tonym said:

Trouble is Tony will have to go out of the shade to fly😜😮😮

Hi Tony please can you add me for Open I can pick up any equipment as I come past yours on the day and start to set up just text me if you want as  I am away till Saturday

I can also bring a parasol for Brian  but might be tempted to block his sight of the model if he is winning😊 

• Like 1