Jump to content

F5J - Southern Area - 12th August 2018 - CANCELLED


Recommended Posts

Change of venue due to shooting club event at Bartletts Farm - now to be held at Little Bentley Polo Club, Rectory Road, Little Bentley, Essex, CO7 8SN.

Your model must have an approved height limiting/data logging device (AMRT) which must be able to show the max height your model goes to during its motor run time plus 10 seconds after your motor is shut off.

The limiting function must be set to allow maximum 30seconds motor run time, and the height limiting function must either be disabled or set to 300m.
Motor restart is permitted at any time during flight for safety reasons, but will result in a zero score for that round.

Two classes of model can be entered, either Open or 2Metre but only one entry permitted.
Prizes awarded on the day and points scored will go towards the National League.

The competition will be run to BMFA Local Rules, 6 rounds will be flown if conditions permit and there will not be a flyoff.
Entry fee £10.00 (BMFA requirement) payable on the day.
Proof of BMFA membership (card is sufficient) required.
 
Timing on the day may vary, and all/any help to set up the field will be appreciated.
But the plan is as usual, book in from 9am.  First flight around 10am.

  1. Tony Merritt - BMFA 142327 - 2m
  2. Simon Conran - BMFA 195226 - 2m
  3. Paul Wainwright - BMFA 047845 - Open
  4. David Jowers - BMFA 043983 - 2m
  5. Steve Knowles - BMFA 70799 - Open
  6. Graham Wicks - BMFA 052827 - Open
  7. Randy Taylor - BMFA 165603 - Open
  8. Brian Austin - BMFA 57851 - Open
  9. John Hovell - BMFA 40572 - Open

 

Please post your entries on this thread by 6pm on Saturday 11th August along with your BMFA number and model class

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies Tony,

will be away on hols so can’t make it.  No chance of rescheduling tomorrow’s F5J to next Sunday?

regards

Eamon

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nicholls

Wouldn’t want to be shot down but sorry I won’t be able to go to Little Bentley. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
steve knowles

Hi Tony,

Pls can you add me to the entry

Open 

BMFA 70799 

Thanks 

Steve Knowles  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony, it's looking a bit windy again for a 2m, so what's the latest you need to know before I make a decision to fly the magic again, or change to the open class?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Simon, you can decide what class to fly just prior to the first slot, it makes no odds to the scoring program.

Wind - oops, pardon ME! - looks to be a problem again, F3K stop flying at 18mph sustained for 1 minute, measured 2m off the ground. The forecast for Sunday is for 18 - 20mph with gusts to 28, and hasn't changed much over the last few days.

I'll make a go, no-go call around midday Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tonym said:

Simon, you can decide what class to fly just prior to the first slot, it makes no odds to the scoring program.

Wind - oops, pardon ME! - looks to be a problem again, F3K stop flying at 18mph sustained for 1 minute, measured 2m off the ground. The forecast for Sunday is for 18 - 20mph with gusts to 28, and hasn't changed much over the last few days.

I'll make a go, no-go call around midday Saturday.

Thanks for that, Tony. Looks like rain also on one weather app, but not on others. All looking a bit dodgy again. Will eagerly await Saturday noon. It can change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Committee Member
PeteMitchell
56 minutes ago, tonym said:

I'll make a go, no-go call around midday Saturday.

It's dejavu again :yes:

As usual I wont load my van with all the comp gear until the afternoon so lets hope the forecast improves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The weather forecasts are a mess! According to the MetOffice and MeteoGroup, via the BBC, we are almost certain to get showers tomorrow, some heavy. So with the wind being a bit strong for fun too, I've decided to call it off - sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Thanks Tony, never an easy decision, but the right one I think.

We shall have to try to get a few  extra comp dates in during October. There is already a comp scheduled for every weekend in September. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
EssexBOF

Hard to believe with all the hot weather we have had, that two events at Little Bentley have been blown out😴😴

Link to post
Share on other sites
EssexBOF

Don't know about the weather at Little Bentley, but it has been very flyable down here. Just shows you can never tell what we will get on the day.😕😕

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

    • Lloyd_d
    • cirrusRC
    • Mick Barnett
    • swarrans
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.