F5J - Southern Area - 12th August 2018 - CANCELLED

tonym

Change of venue due to shooting club event at Bartletts Farm - now to be held at Little Bentley Polo Club, Rectory Road, Little Bentley, Essex, CO7 8SN.

Your model must have an approved height limiting/data logging device (AMRT) which must be able to show the max height your model goes to during its motor run time plus 10 seconds after your motor is shut off.

The limiting function must be set to allow maximum 30seconds motor run time, and the height limiting function must either be disabled or set to 300m.
Motor restart is permitted at any time during flight for safety reasons, but will result in a zero score for that round.

Two classes of model can be entered, either Open or 2Metre but only one entry permitted.
Prizes awarded on the day and points scored will go towards the National League.

The competition will be run to BMFA Local Rules, 6 rounds will be flown if conditions permit and there will not be a flyoff.
Entry fee £10.00 (BMFA requirement) payable on the day.
Proof of BMFA membership (card is sufficient) required.

Timing on the day may vary, and all/any help to set up the field will be appreciated.
But the plan is as usual, book in from 9am.  First flight around 10am.

1. Tony Merritt - BMFA 142327 - 2m
  2. Simon Conran - BMFA 195226 - 2m
  3. Paul Wainwright - BMFA 047845 - Open
  4. David Jowers - BMFA 043983 - 2m
  5. Steve Knowles - BMFA 70799 - Open
  6. Graham Wicks - BMFA 052827 - Open
  7. Randy Taylor - BMFA 165603 - Open
  8. Brian Austin - BMFA 57851 - Open
  9. John Hovell - BMFA 40572 - Open

Please post your entries on this thread by 6pm on Saturday 11th August along with your BMFA number and model class

Apologies Tony,

will be away on hols so can’t make it.  No chance of rescheduling tomorrow’s F5J to next Sunday?

regards

Eamon

Wouldn’t want to be shot down but sorry I won’t be able to go to Little Bentley. 

Tony, it's looking a bit windy again for a 2m, so what's the latest you need to know before I make a decision to fly the magic again, or change to the open class?

Simon, you can decide what class to fly just prior to the first slot, it makes no odds to the scoring program.

Wind - oops, pardon ME! - looks to be a problem again, F3K stop flying at 18mph sustained for 1 minute, measured 2m off the ground. The forecast for Sunday is for 18 - 20mph with gusts to 28, and hasn't changed much over the last few days.

I'll make a go, no-go call around midday Saturday.

11 minutes ago, tonym said:

Simon, you can decide what class to fly just prior to the first slot, it makes no odds to the scoring program.

Wind - oops, pardon ME! - looks to be a problem again, F3K stop flying at 18mph sustained for 1 minute, measured 2m off the ground. The forecast for Sunday is for 18 - 20mph with gusts to 28, and hasn't changed much over the last few days.

Thanks for that, Tony. Looks like rain also on one weather app, but not on others. All looking a bit dodgy again. Will eagerly await Saturday noon. It can change.

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell
56 minutes ago, tonym said:

It's dejavu again :yes:

As usual I wont load my van with all the comp gear until the afternoon so lets hope the forecast improves.

The weather forecasts are a mess! According to the MetOffice and MeteoGroup, via the BBC, we are almost certain to get showers tomorrow, some heavy. So with the wind being a bit strong for fun too, I've decided to call it off - sorry.

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Thanks Tony, never an easy decision, but the right one I think.

We shall have to try to get a few  extra comp dates in during October. There is already a comp scheduled for every weekend in September. 

Don't know about the weather at Little Bentley, but it has been very flyable down here. Just shows you can never tell what we will get on the day.😕😕