natxopedreira

Fosa LDS

isoaritfirst

All good advice. 

Personally I would also go with the cuts in the top skin. 

Any extra height you can get on the surface horns will pay dividends in the performance of the surfaces. 

Also fit the very smallest servo horns you can. 

I see many lds installs were the servo arms are effectively longer than the surface arms.  They work due to very powerful and accurate servos. But it’s significantly better if you can keep the surface arms longer. 

Accurate is very important due to the very short horns even very small discrepancies can make a big difference. 

natxopedreira

Servo horns come with the kit and bearing support, seems very small to me don't know if smaller exist.

Any advice on how to find the center point on the flap servo so i get a good flap amount?

Baudis indicate for neutral in aileron 1500us that make sense to me but in flap they indicate 1040/1960us i dont understand if he is talking about max min or what.

Thanks to all for your help, is very useful!!!

isoaritfirst

Two different numbers because one side is opposite. 

i .e . 460 either side of neutral. 

If you haven’t got a servo checker you could use your transmitter. Wind the servo round on a trim setting then use the opposite number  for the other side. 

Easier to do with the two servos sitting head to head on the bench. You could put some long standard arm on to help visualise the movement. 

Mikeb52

There is a very good guide on installing wing servos on YouTube. It’s called  flightcomp, the guy is very good at showing how to get the flap servo install right.hes doing a infinity NG I think, and the video has 3 or 4 parts. Worth watching, as it’s so much easier viewing than trying to read instructions sometimes. 

natxopedreira

Can someone who has this lds system measure the opening in the top skin for ailerons?

Mine is 6x8mm and i think that the metal arm is rubbing a bit when aileron goes down. In the diana pdf is only 5mm but maybe is because the airfoil on this point is more tick than the one in my fosa....

With your advices i have one wing almost ready, only need to position and glue servo mounts, and the lds looks nice.

Thank you all

natxopedreira

How did you glue the servo-frame? The available space is very small so its not possible to do what baudis suggest in the diana pdf.

Seems like i need to:

• remove servo
  • remove bearing support
  • remove servo-frame

• put epoxy in the servo frame
  • put frame in place
  • insert bearing support
  • put servo
  • check and re-check lds/servo alignment 

Or is there any better way of do this???

Thanks you!

IMG_5655.jpg

Alibabaj
9 hours ago, natxopedreira said:

How did you glue the servo-frame? The available space is very small so its not possible to do what baudis suggest in the diana pdf.

Seems like i need to:

• remove servo
  • remove bearing support
  • remove servo-frame

• put epoxy in the servo frame
  • put frame in place
  • insert bearing support
  • put servo
  • check and re-check lds/servo alignment 

Or is there any better way of do this???

Thanks you!

IMG_5655.jpg

Other than remove the support that’s exactly what t did

Graeme

natxopedreira
2 hours ago, Alibabaj said:

Other than remove the support that’s exactly what t did

Graeme

Ok, thank you.

What did you use to prevent gluing the servo with the epoxy, wax or plastic foil?

Alibabaj
1 hour ago, natxopedreira said:

Ok, thank you.

What did you use to prevent gluing the servo with the epoxy, wax or plastic foil?

Firstly I was careful not to apply to much epoxy/micro balloons and I applied a small amount of silicon grease to the servo case before installation.

P.S. If you haven't already done so roughen the area and thoroughly de-grease to remove any residual build wax.

natxopedreira
20 minutes ago, Alibabaj said:

Firstly I was careful not to apply to much epoxy/micro balloons and I applied a small amount of silicon grease to the servo case before installation.

P.S. If you haven't already done so roughen the area and thoroughly de-grease to remove any residual build wax.

good tip, i will clean and use a little sand-paper on the area before gluing.

silicon grease.... is the same of those spray bottle of silicone lubricant?

thank you, im learning a lot !

Alibabaj
3 hours ago, natxopedreira said:

I got my grease from eBay, just search silicon grease there’s loads available. I also use it for lubricating servo gears.

swarrans
7 hours ago, natxopedreira said:

good tip, i will clean and use a little sand-paper on the area before gluing.

thank you, im learning a lot !

No, the silicon in the sprays is super thin and held in a carrier - the stuff you want is thick like ordinary grease and as stated will be obvious on ebay

f3fisa
11 hours ago, natxopedreira said:

I just wrap bottom part of servo with layer of cling film. You can then lift servo out easily and pull off any remaining cling film that has stuck to wing skin.

David

natxopedreira

I did one aileron servo and finally used thin plastic foil + remolding wax, and as Alibabaj said taking care of not using too much epoxy with micro balloons.

It worked ok, today i will do another servo.

Thanks to all

natxopedreira

The wings are done, so i did some test to put the wings on fuse and i have a problem.

I have to make lot of force to insert one wing, i think the holes in the fuse do not perfectly align with the metal pins as this happens even without wing connector. Only in the left wing, the first thing that come to my mind is to sand a bit the hole in the fuse, but im afraid of do a misalignment as those pins are the way of setting the wing incidence.

What can i do? Is this normal or should report baudis about?

oipigface

This is unusual for a Baudis build. You don't say how far out it is, but assuming it is not just a matter of easing the hole a little, I think it should be their responsibility to correct it. You may have to debate with them over the cost of postage if you send it back!

natxopedreira
1 hour ago, oipigface said:

This is unusual for a Baudis build. You don't say how far out it is, but assuming it is not just a matter of easing the hole a little, I think it should be their responsibility to correct it. You may have to debate with them over the cost of postage if you send it back!

Thank you. I dont know how far is out, i can insert each pin individualy with no problem, so is not the hole diameter. 

The problem comes when you want to insert both, i have to make excesive force to insert the wing, Maybe is a mater of sand a bit as i can insert the wing  with force, i dont know.... i dont like the idea of make the hole “not round” to fit, if i sand too much... i will have a big  problem

oipigface

I agree with you, and as I said above, Baudis should correct it.

Peter G

I have had this with baudis models. It is just a case of getting a round needle file and gently easing the holes to the angle.

I think it's just because of the slight dihedral angle. It doesn't take much filing/easing to get the wings to slot easily. 

• Like 1

campsieflyer

I had the same problem. A small application of Vaseline solved it.  😀

Dave