Jef Ott

This still looks worrying

Jef Ott

OK Lads/Ladies that have been promising to do this, you have just until Sunday to get it done, if I am reading it correctly... "Before 17th September" 

Steve J
34 minutes ago, Jef Ott said:

you have just until Sunday to get it done

"This consultation closes at 11:45pm on 17 September 2018"

You don't have to answer all the questions.

The BMFA have published their response

Steve

• Like 1

Jef Ott

Thanks Steve.

I knew I'd be wrong by quoting the BMFA. 😂

If you work Monday to Friday, you need to get it started this weekend, one evening is not enough!

Let's be nice now.

Jef

Nick Jackson

Deadline for submission of responses is 11-45pm, 17 Sept. Have put mine in.  Though much of the survey is, as people have noted, irritating, unhelpfully worded, irrelevant to modellers and/or technical some of it is not. And there are various opportunities to say what you think rather than just tick boxes, particularly but not only in the open-ended free-text final question..

• Like 1

Steve J

Looks like the DfT are preparing the ground for their Drone Bill.

Steve

oipigface

There is a very interesting article in the current issue of The Economist (Oct 27th, pp78-9), describing recent developments in drone delivery systems in Iceland (restaurant supplies), North Carolina (local packages), Singapore (shore-to-ship), Shanghai (fixed routes in an industrial park), Tanzania and Rwanda (medical supplies to rural destinations in both countries).

Well worth a look.

Steve J

BMFA article on the latest EU draft.

https://bmfa.org/News/News-Page/ArticleID/2555/Update-on-EASA-regulations-for-unmanned-aircraft

I must say that I disagree with the BMFA when they say "We believe that the changes introduced in the current draft regulations represent a positive development for model flying".

Steve

• Confused 1

Brett82

Well, considering all the doom and gloom predictions of the end of model flying is upon us and that sort of stuff I would tend to agree with the BMFA that this seems like a positive announcement and a step in the right direction.

Call me naive, but I would rather live my life and view my hobby positively and be proven wrong than negatively and be proven right.  

Steve J
1 hour ago, Brett82 said:

Call me naive

You're naive.

Steve

pete beadle

"We believe that the changes introduced in the current draft regulations represent a positive development for model flying".

And that chaps is an OPINION not a fact

I'm with Brett on this, and think what you're describing as naivety is actually maintaining a positive attitude

Personally, I'm not worried at all, as these regulations are completely unenforceable unless we, the flyers, enforce them ourselves which I have absolutely no intention of doing..........as regards the BMFA and other flyers, it's up to them.......

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1

Brett82
57 minutes ago, Steve J said:

You're naive.

Steve

Well if model flying goes up the creek I can always take up fishing... One cast and I don't just get a bite, it gets taken hook, line and sinker. :popcorn:

• Haha 1

tonym
23 hours ago, Steve J said:

"We believe that the changes introduced in the current draft regulations represent a positive development for model flying".

With the changes introduced by the BMFA (I assume, I haven't read up on this lately) we are less likely to find our hobby up a certain creek without a certain implement. Before the changes, model flying looked like becoming regulated out of existence.

Call me a taxi!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jef Ott
6 hours ago, tonym said:

Call me a taxi!

You're a taxi

• Thanks 1

Ikura
On 30/10/2018 at 13:42, Steve J said:

You're naive.

Steve

And you are obsessed with this subject.

You seem to have a deep seated need to post this doom and gloom on a number of forums which seems a bit odd.

How about going out flying and report back when the sky actually does fall in.  It might take a while though so take plenty of batteries..

Steve J
2 hours ago, EssexBOF said:

Southend Club looks pretty well out of the equation now.

If they are where I think that they are, they are just outside the 5km runway protection zone.

Steve

EssexBOF
12 hours ago, Steve J said:

If they are where I think that they are, they are just outside the 5km runway protection zone.

Steve

Looking at the zone shown, Steve, I think they are in it from the shaded area shown.

Steve J

I make it 5.2km from the runway threshold to Southend's field. I wouldn't fly over 400ft there though...

Steve 

Lloyd_d

Southend’s  model flying clubs based on Two Tree Island have an existing agreement with the airport. This agreement still stands. The airport/ATC  actually contacted the clubs secretary after a previous non club related local incident with a child flying a drone at significant height.

We have a 400ft absolute height limit and the EasyJet’s trundle over us at about 3000ft.

The local armed police often visit our field to escape the riffraff and sit and watch us fly while having their lunch.

• Like 1