Nicholls

Towner Trophy BMFA F5J League event in Kent

ThermalBoy

Field location/directions please. Thanks.

Nicholls

Location added to first post

Mike Connell

Images from the Towner Trophy

DSCF3062-1.thumb.JPG.bc441246e67d0f357fbd3ca602ba904c.JPGDSCF2991.thumb.JPG.a8ecb2f7b65ea1aca1b44046cf456006.JPGDSCF3001.thumb.JPG.440f936f0d47faa5476ac0d2884e2ae5.JPGDSCF2987.thumb.JPG.bc75cc87f974c1b512a6ee597ceaa921.JPG

DSCF3007.JPG

DSCF3008.JPG

DSCF3011.JPG

DSCF3040-1.JPG

DSCF3056.JPG

DSCF3058.JPG

DSCF3059.JPG

kevb

Thanks team for a well run fun comp. Great weather great field and great freinds. 

Kevin

Eddy Small

Yes. brilliant day all round. We even got to have a pleasant evening walk with Collin B as guide.

Eddy.

ThermalBoy

Thanks to the organisers for a friendly/excellent days soaring at a superb new field.  Well done to all involved. Good to see a few new faces as well. Even the evening field trip organised by CD Colin B turned out to be a joyous experience!

It was great to see the "Towner Trophy" comp resurected following a couple of years absence . For those who arent familiar with it,  the Towner Trophy is probably one of the first, if not the first, RC Soaring comp to ever have been held anywhere in the world. (It started I believe over 45+ years ago.)

Colin

Nicholls

RESULTS

What a great day with sun, little wind but varied cloud and clear sky conditions.

This was the first time Invicta our hosts had used this field and we would I'm sure like one of large unimpeded area available to us all.

I'm sure CD Colin will add his comments to the Results below published on his behalf as all created on my laptop.

Congratulations to the winner Kevin and the first three being so close 0.34% between Kevin 1st and Colin Paddon 2nd, 0.14% between Colin Paddon 2nd and Colin Boorman 3rd!

I've included the Flight scores that show:

In the 1st Group Brain Austin scored and "maximum" 9.59 and 50 only to be joint first with Keith scoring 5 less for landing made up for by a 10m lower launch height

Only one Group (the 4th in Round 6) didn't fly out the slot,

The lowest launch height was 87m (me) and the highest 241 (Eddy Small) neither of which us any good. 

Sympathies go to Mike Hodgkiss whose model was written off to probable servo failure.

Overall results.jpg

Flight Scores P1.jpg

Flight Scores P2.jpg

Flight Scores P3.jpg

Flight Scores P4.jpg

Flight Scores P5.jpg

Height Penalty.jpg

Landing Results.jpg

• Like 1